Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Nautilus has long been a popular name for a submarine. Some of the more famous of these are Robert Fulton's NAUTILUS (1800), Jules Verne's fictional Nautilus, and the NAUTILUS of Sir Hubert Wilkins in which he attempted a voyage to the North Pole under the ice (1931). There have also been three U.S. submarines of that name, including the world's first nuclear powered submarine built by the Electric Boat Division.
Honoriing crewmates on Branson Patch Display (please read)
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Skii
Posted 2009-03-11 2:22 PM (#24942)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: Honoriing crewmates on Branson Patch Display (please read)

John brought up a good subject about honoring Ron "Warshot" Smith. The patch for the Seal his boat with all the depth charges were done by others . He was also on the Skipjack and his name will be on their patch label. I have a way to also do a line for him on the Seal. Because of the timing of his post I am able to still do this (labellinig will start very soon (less than two weeks) I cannot add or change after we do all the displays.

I will try to accommodate any special requsts (Don Gentry has sent me his and all are done). I have spaces available yet and duplicate donations. Please e mail me at rjarenski@aol.com or post here. I do not need ranks or rates just names and boat numbers, or any special information such as I have for "Warshot". If I can do it I will let you know, or if I do an alternative I will let you know where his name will be.

Thanks John for your heads up on this and I do hope that everyone will read this and offer any names they woulld like us to find a place for on our display.

Dick Jarenski
Cdr/Secy USS STERLET SS392 Association
Corabelle
Posted 2009-03-11 5:06 PM (#24945 - in reply to #24942)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Honoriing crewmates on Branson Patch Display (please read)

Please honor one of the Radiomen that served on the Sterlet during WWII. It would be much appreciated.

Cora
Skii
Posted 2009-03-12 4:29 AM (#24948 - in reply to #24942)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Honoriing crewmates on Branson Patch Display (please read)

Added names this am to donor list, Joe Negri, Gary "Cowboy" Mclaughlin, Elmer Olmstead, 15 or so killed on certain boats during action. Let me know if anyone has any others I can add to our listing where there may be space.

Ski
Sterlet Assn Cdr/SecyBranson Patch Display coordinator
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software