Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "The Navy is not a job, it's not a career. It's a way of life.” -- MMCM (SS) "Grump" Barrie
For Doc Gardner
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2009-03-13 7:08 PM (#24984)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: For Doc Gardner

The Bagpiper

As a young bagpiper, I was asked by a funeral director to play at a grave-side service for a homeless man with no family or friends.

The funeral was to be held at a cemetery way back in the country, and this man would be the first to be laid to rest there.

As I was not familiar with the backwoods area, I became lost, and being a typical man, did not stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late. I saw the backhoe and the crew, who were eating lunch, but the hearse was nowhere in sight.

I apologized to the workers for my tardiness, and stepped to the side of the open grave, where I saw the vault lid already in place.

I assured the workers I would not hold them up for long, but this was the proper thing to do. The workers gathered around, still eating their lunch. I played out my heart and soul. As I played, the workers began to weep. I played and played, like I'd never played before - from My Home and The Lord is My Shepherd, to Flowers of the Forest.

I closed the lengthy session with Amazing Grace and walked to my car.

As I was opening the door and taking off my coat, I overheard one of the workers saying to another, "Jeezuz, Mary'n Joseph, I never seen nothin' like that before - and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."

This was sent to me via e-mail today.

Cora
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-03-14 4:14 AM (#24985 - in reply to #24984)

Master and Commander

Subject: Thanks Cora

I haven't seen that one before and it is funny. Thanks for the early morning laugh.
Doc
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2009-03-14 9:59 AM (#24990 - in reply to #24984)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: For Doc Gardner

Doc won't admit that he is getting absent minded. A certain Scotty has told me he's done that twice already.
Bear
Posted 2009-03-14 10:04 AM (#24991 - in reply to #24984)

Great Sage of the Sea

I like this version I heard similiar one just last night on Blue Collar Radio on Sirrus only instead of a piper it was a young Southern Preacher.  Saw a Bumper sticker that said Pipers do it with Amzing Grace
Lee Davenport
Posted 2009-03-14 11:18 AM (#24995 - in reply to #24984)
Crew

Bear, That's the version I heard on XM radio being told by a DJ on Willies Place (XM13)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software