Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I propose to you a new arm of war, as formidable as it is economical. Submarine navigation, which has been sometimes attempted, but as all know without results, owing to want of suitable opportunities, is now a problematical thing no more." - Brutus de Villeroi in a letter to President Lincoln, 1862
Thank you, one and all...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-03-19 5:12 AM (#25091)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Thank you, one and all...

Y'all know who you are...this has been such a memorable week...and I will never forget it, as long as I live.  I know Ron is proud of all of you.

I am in the process of getting ready to head out...it looks to be a pretty good day. 

Olgoat, you get Blue off in one piece, please have a safe trip, Paul.  Have we heard from the "driver boys" yet???
We know Mad Dog is o.k.  Everyone that has traveled and will be traveling, may you be safe all the way to your destination.

God Bless all of you.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-03-19 6:58 AM (#25095 - in reply to #25091)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Thank you, one and all...

I made it home safe. Bill Whalen, Steamboat and I got underway from Springfield Wednesday morning about 0800 or so. We dropped off Steamboat at Emporia, VA. He car was still there in the parking lot. No one stole it much to his disappointment. Bill and I made it to Summerville in good order. Bill spent the night here, got a good rest after Sharon interrigated us about our activities. Bill and I had agreed before hand to tell her no matter what she hears or reads it's all Blue, Patti, Mad Dog and Olgoats fault. Bill left here this morning headed for his home turf in Florida at 0700.
We sure had a great time and hope to meet again soon only under different circumstances. Hate to have a Shipmate die to get together.
Olgoat, Dex & Co. did an outstanding job for a reception following Warshot's Memorial Service. The Arlington Cemetary Staff did an outstanding job with the Service and our young Navy Sailors were great also. I salute all those that took part-- true friends and Shipmates.

Edited by Ralph Luther 2009-03-19 7:01 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software