Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Will let them go by . . . they are only heavy cruisers!” -- USS Dace Captain Claggett after viewing what appeared to be a full task force, and cruisers, with an apparent battleship following behind the cruisers
Is God confused?
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2009-03-22 5:59 PM (#25243)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Is God confused?

81 degrees today registered on my outdoor thermometer. We might have thunderstorm and occasional rain this evening.

Tomorrow: A snowstorm in the afternoon, up to 6-10" expected. On Tuesday: cloudy and windy with snow possible.

A radio weather man tell us that we can expect 'white-out conditions' for this blizzard.

Dang - and all the snow has melted from the storm two weeks ago.

Beautiful today, though. Even had the air-conditioner on in the car and in the house.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning; may be able to keep that. And I'm scheduled to exercise at the Senior Center in the afternoon. May have to forego that.

& !!!

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2009-03-23 11:04 AM
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-03-22 6:56 PM (#25246 - in reply to #25243)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Is God confused?

You can get the exercise shoveling snow. :~))))))))))))))))) I cut the lawn yesterday then fertilized and wateredit today. I think I got just a light sunburn today.
Cora, remember that Blue is hanging around the Illinois area still and will be there for another few weeks. Your weather is most likely to do anything.
Corabelle
Posted 2009-03-22 7:56 PM (#25249 - in reply to #25246)

COMSUBBBS

I don't think shoveling snow is advised for a person who had a 'cardiac incident' three months ago. Anyway, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. I figure if God puts it down, He can take it away.

Cora
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2009-03-23 1:25 AM (#25258 - in reply to #25243)
Master and Commander

Your thinking is in direct violation of the Government line of thought. When you pick peanuts, a certain amount of dirt and field trash comes along with them. We use cleaners to remove the dirt and trash (mostly twigs, grass and rocks). We used to just haul it back to the fields and fill in ditches with it. The Government is questioning this practice now, So we may have to haul it to a dump. So I am sure the government, and some Lawyer somewhere, feels it is your responsibility to shovel the snow God has sent you. After all, you have to be a good neighbor.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-03-23 5:01 AM (#25259 - in reply to #25249)
COMSUBBBS

That was before, Cora. With these new Obama regulations on the table you will be stimmulated.
Lee Davenport
Posted 2009-03-23 10:29 AM (#25263 - in reply to #25243)
Crew

Cora, be extra careful about that "exercise at the senior center" business. I exercised at one and wound up married....
Corabelle
Posted 2009-03-23 11:14 AM (#25266 - in reply to #25263)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Lee,

I better try my dangdest (is that a word/ Doesn't look right.) to get there, then. I noticed that there are more men that go there to exercise. I guess more men have 'cardiac events?'

There is one nice (and nice-looking) man that seems to want to talk to me every time we're both there. I have a sneeking feeling that he's married, though. Remember the motto re: men - "All the good ones are either married or buried."

And, Lee - winding up married is a good thing. Right?

Cora

P.S. I just saw on another post that you are a newly-wed. Congratulations!

Edited by Corabelle 2009-03-23 11:33 AM
Land Lubber
Posted 2009-03-23 2:43 PM (#25275 - in reply to #25243)
Old Salt

Out here in Los Angeles.... we had 80 degree temps one day. The next day we had overcast and cold but no rain. The next night it poured for a couple of hours then came the high winds. Today (Monday) news reported large trees down in several areas. Today nice. Warm with a slight wind. Perfect for looking at my lawn and planning what I should be doing instead of smoking a nice cigar and reading the patper.
Now as for snow....Corabelle, see if you can find some of those men that like to swim in icy water. Have them put on their speedos and lay in your walkway untill their body heat melts the stuff!!!

Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software