Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: When the nuclear powered submarine USS SEADRAGON surfaced at the North Pole while charting the Northwest passage in August 1960, the crew organized a baseball game. Because of Polar time differences, when a batter clouted a home run it would land in either the next day or in 'yesterday'.
How Do Bailouts Work
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2009-03-23 1:19 PM (#25270)
Master and Commander

Subject: How Do Bailouts Work

I understand bailing out a sinking ship. the water that goes into the ship is returned to the sea, but when it comes to finances and big business workings I am at a loss. The government takes money from you and me and give it to them....businesses....They, businesses, keep the money and give it to their big executives. How does the money get back to us, the guys and gals they took it from in the first place???
steamboat
Posted 2009-03-23 1:56 PM (#25273 - in reply to #25270)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: How Do Bailouts Work

But that is just the point of why we got into deep do-do in the first place.....TRICKLE-DOWN ECONOMICS JUST DON'T WORK!! This whole financial crisis can be summed up in two words: CORPERATE GREED!!!!!!!
Steamboat sends

Edited by steamboat 2009-03-23 1:57 PM
Land Lubber
Posted 2009-03-23 3:00 PM (#25276 - in reply to #25270)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: How Do Bailouts Work

Well as I understand it the money is given to the banks so they can have money on hand to loan to us so we can pay intrest on it which is used to help pay off the government who will keep it and spend it on something else like.....conducting a study on how and why blue butterflies mate. Also money is given to companies like the automotive industry so they can make more expensive cars with improved cup holders and hands free cell phone mounts which is why we need to get a loan from the banks.
Also... when the money is given to an executive it is used an incentive to keep him with the company doing the fine work that he has exibited in the past...(since the company needs a garanteed loan to stay in business I'll let ya draw your own conclusions as to the quality of work the person may have done.). Now it seems that sometimes it better to keep the executive and pay the bonus even though the people producing the product has to be let because there was just not enough money to go around.
Anyway that's how I see it.
Take Care
Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software