Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: How long will it take the average sailor to become a submariner? The average sailor will never become a submariner.
Getting ready for round #2 !
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2009-03-28 12:15 PM (#25425)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Getting ready for round #2 !

We just got shoveled out on Tuesday, and another storm is predicted to start late Sunday - blowing through to Tuesday at least. Dag nab it all - I thought spring was here.

Guess I better fill up the old larder.

I had a distressing dream last night. Woke me up. It was one of those 'I shoulda done this aspect of my life differently.' The feeling that I woke up with has stayed with me all day. Disturbing. Has that ever happened to you?

Oh, well...

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2009-03-29 10:09 PM
Land Lubber
Posted 2009-03-29 2:40 PM (#25444 - in reply to #25425)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: Getting ready for round #2 !

I hate that feeling. It's like a feeling of dread that jus won't go away and ya just can't put a finger on the cause. I usually get up and call someone and just chat about anything and the feeling seems to leave. But I know what ya mean. It's really creapy!!!
Corabelle, do you have a cell phone so you can call in case of an emergency?
You Take Care Out There!
Steve
Gil
Posted 2009-03-29 5:21 PM (#25451 - in reply to #25425)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Getting ready for round #2 !

I'll take our earthquakes and forest fires in SoCal over your weather anytime. 

I'm a stranger to snow here, but when I traveled a lot I did enjoy snow and frigid cold weather for maybe three days maximum.

Corabelle
Posted 2009-03-31 8:26 PM (#25478 - in reply to #25425)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Well, it's Tuesday evening and it blew through.

It was snowing and blowing when I woke up yesterday morning and remained that way all day. This morning I was greeted with blue skies and sunshine!

Once again, I had a four foot drift blocking my front door. Back door was functional, but no need to use it. A waist high drift across the bottom of my driveway. This was snow piled on last week's snow.

My grandson Kyle came over (school cancelled) and dug me out. He couldn't clear the sidewalk bordering my yard, so there's still a waist-high drift which is probably six feet wide.

I don't blame you Gil for not liking this weather. I don't like it either, but all of my family is here, and I'm too old to start over somewhere else. I don't like tornadoes either - we do have them on occasion. We have the severe weather warning words scrolling across the TV screen on a regular basis during the spring and summer months.

Oh, and we have forest fires also. Some years are really bad.

Our motto is: If you don't like the weather, just wait 15 minutes; it'll change.

But the hills are beautiful - and there really is no heaven on this earth.

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2009-03-31 8:30 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software