Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Records for enemy shipping sunk by U.S. submarines during World War II are held by two boats built by Electric Boat. The USS FLASHER sank 100,231 tons of Japanese shipping, while the USS TAUTOG holds the record for the most ships - 26.
Surprise! It's snowing...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2009-04-04 8:36 PM (#25551)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Surprise! It's snowing...

Can't get out the front door--there's about a 4 1/2 foot drift blocking it.

Can't get out the garage door - there's about a three foot drift across the driveway; at least there was when I checked this morning.

I can get out the sliding glass door, but if I got out, there's no place to go! There's five foot drifts up against the fence.

Some poor guy has been blading the church parking lot behind me. Only problem, there's no more places to put the snow. He's been shoving it up against the other side of my fence. Not sure I'm too crazy about that. Hope he hasn't dislodged the fence from the cement anchors.

Where is Spring! It'a April alreadyl, for God's sake!!!

This is the third weekend in a row. It was 'sposed to quit snowing mid-afternoon. Hah! And the infernal, interminable WIND!

Enough, already!

And that's all I've got to say.

Sniff, sniff,

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2009-04-04 8:39 PM
subvetss
Posted 2009-04-05 6:43 AM (#25555 - in reply to #25551)
Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Surprise! It's snowing...

Cora,
I feel your pain. Our USSVI Base had a picnic lunch at the Ft. Pierce Inlet Park yesterday and we were afraid that it might snow so hard it would obscure our vision of all the pleasure boats passing by.Never got below 78o though so we lucked out.
Joe'the'Most
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-04-05 9:11 AM (#25561 - in reply to #25551)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Surprise! It's snowing...

Cora, you had best put some music on your CD player to drown out that wind. Shane and I have tomato plants in the ground along with some cucumber seeds and pepper plants, all looking good. Nice warm spring, shirt sleeve weather. It does dip down into the 50s at night still. I like to crack the window open slightly to feel the cool breeze.
Hang tough, girl. Your 3 weeks of summer can't be far off.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software