Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: In World War II the Germans lost 782 submarines, the Japanese lost 130, Great Britan and Commonwealth countries lost 88 subs, Russia lost 110 submarines and the United States lost only 52 submarines. Twenty-three of the Japanese subs lost were victims of the American Submarine Service.
DEX and the BBS
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

JrKrup, Skimmer
Posted 2009-04-06 9:34 AM (#25584)

Master and Commander

Subject: DEX and the BBS

I talked to Dex last evening. His computer is completely fried. He can't even get to the BIOS to make anything work. That means he needs a new(er) CPU, but that will have to wait until after IRS day.

He says he misses coming on the BBS something terrible, and wishes he could be here to defend hisself. Alas, such is not to be for at leas t another month.

Pray for his salvation - or at least another CPU.

Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-04-06 10:20 AM (#25585 - in reply to #25584)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: DEX and the BBS

He says he misses coming on the BBS something terrible, and wishes he could be here to defend hisself. Alas, such is not to be for at leas t another month.

Defend himself from what? I heard he dipped all his harpoons in "honey" and he has nothing but compliments for all hands.
steamboat
Posted 2009-04-06 12:17 PM (#25586 - in reply to #25584)
Master and Commander

Has his daughter come home yet? We were all hoping she could get the old Buzzard set up.
Steamboat sends (sure is quiet around here)
Ric
Posted 2009-04-06 12:53 PM (#25587 - in reply to #25586)

Plankowner

Well, Ray Stone, Jonny Krup and myself crawled all over his 'puker and it is dead!!! I found him a used tower on Craigslist for $45.00 while I was back there pretty close to him. Probably gone now. Someone just needs to take him in hand and locate him another one and help him get it. I'm sure there plenty available if you look.

Here's one he can have for maybe $25.00 to $50.00 in Baltimore if someone could snag it for him. Sound like just what he needs. He doesn't know diddly about computers except how to turn them on.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/sys/1108056934.html
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-04-06 2:22 PM (#25589 - in reply to #25587)
COMSUBBBS

Stoops did say you're a slut.

How would that round heeled two bit ..... Mmmmmmmm.... Floozy know anything about that. He spends so munch time on his back he has bed sores. Same with that other one Gentry.... he had to have zipper installed just close himself up.

Stoops
Posted 2009-04-06 5:52 PM (#25592 - in reply to #25589)
Master and Commander

Ralph Luther - 2009-04-06 2:22 PM

Stoops did say you're a slut.

How would that round heeled two bit ..... Mmmmmmmm.... Floozy know anything about that. He spends so munch time on his back he has bed sores. Same with that other one Gentry.... he had to have zipper installed just close himself up.

I did not, and besides, you promised you wouldn't tell. At any rate, you don't have to use me to point out the obvious.. Why are you attacking a good shipmate like Ric anyway? Did he smack you with his bag of quarters?

And Gentry....he has to be on his back.....his front is like a medicine ball....No way can he lie face down....he just lies when his lips are moving...very similar to ric, except Ric's medicine ball is much larger.

And if I were you, Ralph, I'd not be calling the kettle black......
Ric
Posted 2009-04-06 6:26 PM (#25593 - in reply to #25592)

Plankowner

I don't know how that happened but that was my response not Ralph's. Not sure where Ralph's response went to. But anyway you you two bit .....thingy.... I'm going to turn you into the center for disease control. they going to lock you slut.
BlackBeard
Posted 2009-04-06 10:23 PM (#25596 - in reply to #25584)

Great Sage of the Sea

I'll put up $100 bucks towards a new computer for DEX. I miss his good stuff, and will tolerate the stuff that pisses me off. Can we find someone in the area to handle donations and then purchase a new system, and other shipmates to contribute to our own special "Jerry's Kid" so we can get him back on-line? I'm serious, let's do this!
My step-son just bought a new tower with all the bells and whistles for less than $500. I just offered to pay one-fifth of it.

BB

Edited by BlackBeard 2009-04-06 10:26 PM
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-04-07 5:30 AM (#25597 - in reply to #25593)
COMSUBBBS

Ric, I think that the sly fox Gentry is manipulating the board to get us in trouble.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-04-07 5:36 AM (#25598 - in reply to #25596)
COMSUBBBS

BB, better be careful about sending $$$$ to any of those scoundrels near Dex. Hard telling what they'd use that $$$ for. Dex has got money, he's learned over the years how to aquire from those folks in DC. Why, I bet he's on a first name basis with the Treasury Sec and that guy named Dashle.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software