Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS Cusk was only one of four US submarines to ever receive the Republic of Vietnam Meritorious Unit Citation - Gallantry for her service in Vietnam. Cusk, was awarded seven awards during 1965, 1967, 1968, and 1969,The other three boats were the USS Sculpin (SSN-590), the USS Razorback (SS-394), two awards during 1967 and 1969, and the USS Ronquil (SS-396), two awards during 1966-67 and 1968.
Pirates II
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Land Lubber
Posted 2009-04-10 2:25 PM (#25674)
Old Salt

Subject: Pirates II

Well today it's been reported the Murchant Captain attempted to get away. He jumped into the water but was recaptured. The pirates apparntly fired some rounds during the event. It has also been reported that the pirates have stated they are ready to fight and are not afraid of the U.S. Navy.
I wonder how they will feel if perhaps a SEAL team shows up?
Also it seems other pirates are attempting to come to the aid of the pirates holding the Captain and may be bringing other hostages to use as a human shield.
It was reported yesterday that an amphibous assault ship was enroute to the scene.
My prayers are with the Captain. I hope he comes out OK. but as for the pirates, I agree with others that an example needs to be made.
Seems like something similar occured some time ago....Tripoli? Send in the Marines! It worked before I'm sure it would work again.
Steve

Corabelle
Posted 2009-04-11 1:14 PM (#25692 - in reply to #25674)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Pirates II

My definition of a 'hero' is one who risks his/her own life for the benefit of others. Twice, this young captain has put others before himself.

Salute - and God's grace be with him. I hope he survives this terrible incident.

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2009-04-11 11:13 PM
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-04-11 1:42 PM (#25694 - in reply to #25692)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Pirates II

We are with you on that, Cora.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software