Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Fleet Admiral Halsey in a book called "The Admirals" when asked "What is the ultimate strategic weapon that is bringing the enemy to its knees? Halsey's reply "If I had to give credit to the instruments and machines that won us the war in the Pacific, I would rank them in this order: SUBMARINES, FIRST; RADAR, SECOND; PLANES, THIRD AND BULLDOZERS FOURTH."
Tea Party
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2009-04-14 1:46 PM (#25757)
Master and Commander

Subject: Tea Party

I have heard a blurb on Fox about a new movement in the U.S. called "The Tea Party" It refers to the "Boston Tea Party" and I guess it has to do with the economy. Anyone know what this is all about?
PaulR
Posted 2009-04-14 1:51 PM (#25758 - in reply to #25757)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Tea Party

RCK - 2009-04-14 4:46 PMI have heard a blurb on Fox about a new movement in the U.S. called "The Tea Party" It refers to the "Boston Tea Party" and I guess it has to do with the economy. Anyone know what this is all about?

T - Taxed
E - Enough
A - Already
RCK
Posted 2009-04-14 1:54 PM (#25759 - in reply to #25758)
Master and Commander

I agree that we have been taxed enough. How is this movement going to work? Is it just a shot in the dark or does it have legs?
Stoops
Posted 2009-04-14 2:39 PM (#25760 - in reply to #25757)
Master and Commander

Yes, the movement has legs and the pres and acorn are getting worried.

Go to www.wesurroundthem.com and www.the912project.com. In Texas, there are many tea parties going on tomorrow. Austin, San Antonio, Baytown, Dallas, Houston and no doubt countless other cities of smaller size.

Across Houston, meetings preparing for the tea parties are composed of white/black, GOP/Dems, retirees, students, teens, etc. It is certainly an equal opportunity opposition to the abuses of gummint by our politicians.

Go here and scroll down to see all the tea parties in the Houston area---it is quite extensive...make up your own mind.....and maybe you will see why Homeland Security is worried:
http://www.ktrh.com/pages/michaelberry.html

Edited by Stoops 2009-04-14 3:27 PM
Corabelle
Posted 2009-04-14 7:32 PM (#25769 - in reply to #25760)

COMSUBBBS

We're having one here tomorrow, also. I think they're marching around with signs. If I could walk or stand for very long, I'd join them.

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2009-04-14 7:32 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software