Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "...anyone who knows a submariner, (as well as anyone can know a submariner), knows that even after he retires he never really leaves the boats." Submarine: Steel Boats: Iron Men
COST'S
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2009-04-15 3:31 AM (#25775)
Master and Commander

Subject: COST'S

Last time I was at a Braves game, I was looking for a loan to buy gas to get home. Kind of a heck of a lot more than when I went to Ebbits Field in the fifties. I also don't believe the new players have the pinash of the old Brooklyn Bums.

Edited by Sewer Pipe Snipe 2009-04-15 3:33 AM
Mac McCoy
Posted 2009-04-15 12:18 PM (#25797 - in reply to #25775)
Senior Crew

Subject: RE: COST'S

Last Braves game I attended (at Home) were some of the best seats in the ball park. Behind home plate and slightly to the left of the catcher. Second row back. Didnt cost me anything but the gas to get to the game. The company that my youngest son works for has season tickets that they give to "Important" customers. His boss gave him the tickets and he gave them to me. Lousy game as the Braves lost to the Mets. Still was fun. Now the "Kiss Kam" was something else as they put me and my sister up on the screen. We got Booed big time for not Kissing.
Donald L. Johnson
Posted 2009-04-15 11:01 PM (#25811 - in reply to #25775)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: COST'S

Last Braves game I went to, they were still the Milwaukee Braves, in good old County Stadium.

We were visiting my Aunt and Grandparents, and my other Aunt/Uncle/Cousins came up from St. Louis.

Don't remember who they played, or what the score was, just that we all had a great time.

Now I go watch the Class "A" California league team we have here, or go up to Fresno to watch the once and future Giants players at the Triple-A Fresno Grizzlies.

Sunshine, hot dogs & a beer, good baseball, folks I know in the crowd.

Just as much fun, and less expensive than when I used to go watch the Padres at the Murph in San Diego.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software