Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The late Capt. Don Ulmer, USN SS (Ret.), and noted submarine author, began his military career by enlisting in the U.S. Navy in 1947 and in 1949 while serving as an electrical technician E-4 aboard the submarine USS Clamagore, he was transferred to the Naval Academy. When he asked his commanding officer why he was being sent to Annapolis, the skipper replied, "I don't think you're smart enough to make E-5 and I need the bunk space." Ulmer graduated in 1954 and in 1967 returned to command Clamagore, possibly the only officer to command a U.S. warship having served on it as an enlisted man.
Happy Trails to ya, Mate
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-04-15 10:47 AM (#25789)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: Happy Trails to ya, Mate

If I remember correctly, Blue takes flight on Friday.
Shipmate, it was great seeing you again and being able to share some grub and a few cool ones with you. I hope your stay at Kathy's was a great one. Give Daniel and Pamella a hug for us and a hello to all when you get back home.
I know, I can say for all of us of "Swine of the Highest Order" CHEERS, MATE!!!!!
Ric
Posted 2009-04-15 10:49 AM (#25790 - in reply to #25789)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: Happy Trails to ya, Mate

What ever the old guy said.
TSpoon
Posted 2009-04-15 10:54 AM (#25791 - in reply to #25789)
Great Sage of the Sea

Same here, it was nice to finally get to meet Kathy. Oh yes, you too.LOL

Janie says Kathy is very nice girl and you are a fool if you let her get away. Of course she calls all my Sub Vet friends fools and that is after making a dependents cruise aboard the Ronquil in 1967.

Hopefully we can get together again on your next sojourn to the Pampanito.

T.Spoon, DBF
MAD DOG
Posted 2009-04-15 11:43 AM (#25794 - in reply to #25791)

Master and Commander

Blue,Have a safe trip home.See you at the next Swine convention.
Light a fire under POD's sorry arse and bring him with you next time.

Ric
Posted 2009-04-15 11:50 AM (#25795 - in reply to #25794)

Plankowner

Naw, just light a fire under his sorry ass............... I'll send you matches....
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-04-15 11:51 AM (#25796 - in reply to #25790)
COMSUBBBS

OLD GUY???? Why I never!!!!

Mad Dog/Paul, do you realize what you just posted? I don't think the States could take both at the same time. Well, maybe, come to think of it. Blue can handle to food and POD can handle the brews. Might work!

Light a fire under POD's arse might be hazardous to your health. He probably would throw a blue flame like an Atlas Missile.

Edited by Ralph Luther 2009-04-15 11:55 AM
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-04-15 1:55 PM (#25798 - in reply to #25789)

COMSUBBBS

Have a safe trip home, Paul.  CD will be in the mail on Friday.

steamboat
Posted 2009-04-15 2:02 PM (#25799 - in reply to #25789)
Master and Commander

Bon Voyage, Blue! Sorry you didn't get to wear the (in)famous brogans this trip. Maybe next time. Was really great seeing you, though. Stay well.
Steamboat sends
whalen
Posted 2009-04-15 4:58 PM (#25803 - in reply to #25789)

Great Sage of the Sea

Ta ta, mate!  Don't be a stranger!  Keep in touch with Karla and the kid....

whalen

(What I really meant was: don't GET any stranger...)

Blue from West Oz
Posted 2009-04-15 7:20 PM (#25808 - in reply to #25789)

Master and Commander

Subject: Thanks Ralph and Shipmates....

...Once again it has been a pleasure to be in your country and to also catch up with some of you - sure wish I could have seen more of you and for longer, but, the time in DC was great. That sure was a memorable time celebrating the life of Warshot at Arlington, and other places after. I am sure he would have been happy at the turnout and the moments we all shared together.

Sadly, my time with Kathy is coming to an end, in more ways than one.

The distance and time apart is one, but there have been other issues and that being one 14 yr old.

But, life goes on.....it hasn't been an easy decision, but has been one we both knew there were problems with us being together.

I am sure, positive, that if we were in the same postcode/zip code, we would have a much better chance at this, but with only seeing one another every so often, it's almost impossible. I actually thought I could do this with having done my time in the navy, being at sea, away from the woman I love, but this has just been too hard. Maybe it's because I am NOT at sea that I am finding it harder? who knows.

Anyway, she is one hell of a lovely woman, as those of you who have been lucky enough to have met her would know.

Life, sure does suck the big ones at times.

Anyway, till we meet again my friends.... keep safe and keep smiling!

Paul /Blue
Darrin
Posted 2009-04-15 9:03 PM (#25809 - in reply to #25789)

Great Sage of the Sea

Blue my friend,

I am sorry that you and Kathy are parting ways, it may be the time and distance that seperated you but you never left her even though you were not with her and her son stepped in between you and that happens a lot here... There is no advice that I can give to you other then to say that if you let her go you may be a big fool... 14 year old boys here in the states are the most selfish little pains in the arse that you will ever meet and IF they don't believe that you meet up to "their" dad's standards then you will catch 20 kinds of hell until they graduate and then have kids of their own and then and only then will they understand how good you were to their mother. One thing that I have learned as a step father is not to try to be their dad, you have to be their friend and then hope that the mother will support you when you try to discipline them and it for me was a very difficult learning curve that I finally understood AFTER I asked for the divorce..

There is a web phone site called SKYPE and that has allowed my son to see his mom whenever he wants to see her in real time and talking for nearly free for as long as they would like to talk, if'n I was you mate I would see if I could get that in West Oz so that you can stay in contact with Kathy and bring the life back into what you have with her. If that doesn't work my friend smile at night when you go to bed because you both were changed for the better just by being together and your lives will always be a little brighter because of that.

Take care shipmate, one day you and I will be able to set down and have some of John Bays Lobsta's and a couple of cans of Fosters and laugh about ports that we have been to and who can eat the most food.

Darrin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software