Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: In World War II the Germans lost 782 submarines, the Japanese lost 130, Great Britan and Commonwealth countries lost 88 subs, Russia lost 110 submarines and the United States lost only 52 submarines. Twenty-three of the Japanese subs lost were victims of the American Submarine Service.
Memories ~
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Roy Ator
Posted 2009-04-17 8:02 PM (#25887)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: Memories ~

As another birthday nears, I was reminiscing and happened to recall that forty eight years ago this month, I was pinned with my Silver Dolphins! I still have my qual book with my original drawings from the DIODON 349 [Balao Class] out of San Diego. Chief John Clear, aka Crystal, qualified on her later and I signed his card too. At that time, I never in my wildest dreams, thought it possible that I would get my Gold Dolphins nine years later on the TIRANTE 420 [Tench Class]. Now? I'm starting to dream about the Holland Club... Who knows, I just might make it. Life is good!

Edited by Roy Ator 2009-04-17 8:19 PM
Sean705
Posted 2009-04-17 8:22 PM (#25888 - in reply to #25887)

Mess cooking

Subject: RE: Memories ~

Mustangs always garnered a special respect from everyone onboard. Congratulations Mr Ator, I wish you many more Happy Birthdays.

-STS2/SS
Don Gentry
Posted 2009-04-17 8:31 PM (#25889 - in reply to #25888)

Admin

Good on ya Roy... fine accomplishments for sure.  I'd celebrate with a Pecan pie if I were you...

Speaking of birthdays... I think today is Warshot's.  I hope they're throwing him a big party on the silver pier.  Happy  birthday in advance Roy!

PEP
Posted 2009-04-17 8:50 PM (#25890 - in reply to #25887)

Senior Crew

I just gotta ditto what has been said already. ROY one of the highlites of my life was at the Bash at the ranch when you say me about the same time as I saw you and as I recall I was thinking HOLY s**t this guy is huge! and hugs like a Polar bear with a hand grip like a vicegrip on steriods! Yesirreee Roy, I wish you many many more so you're be able to continue to spread that wisdom only you posess! One tought act to follow and always will be!
Hand Salute Two
PEP
PS your's and the brats websites are always good for a blast of patriatism when needed most!
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-04-18 3:30 AM (#25892 - in reply to #25887)
COMSUBBBS

Roy, the Shipmates ahead of me have said it best, however, I will add my best wishes with a HAPPY BIRTHDAY #3 Swine of the Highest Order!!! May you have man, many more.
There is no doubt in my military mind that you won't have any trouble reaching the Holland Club and more.
Cheers Mate
subvetss
Posted 2009-04-18 5:35 AM (#25894 - in reply to #25887)
Senior Crew

Happy Birthday old friend.After the first Bash you had a rough time. After the 2nd Bash June had a rough time. Thank God you are both still around today.
God Bless,
Joe'the'Most
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software