Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "The Turkish skipper of ex-USS Tang, when asked about the difference between the German designed and built replacement boats for their retiring ex-US boats, is reported to have said, "American submarines are built for war, German submarines are built for export."
Worried About Ric
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

crystal
Posted 2009-05-01 3:52 PM (#26226)

Master and Commander

Subject: Worried About Ric

Someone PLEASE find Ric a "real job"!
Ric
Posted 2009-05-01 3:56 PM (#26227 - in reply to #26226)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: Worried About Ric

I have one. It's called retired! I get to waste my time as I see fit! (Actually still working on my book)
crystal
Posted 2009-05-01 4:06 PM (#26228 - in reply to #26226)

Master and Commander

That's what I mean Ric, it took you less than 4 minutes to answer that simple post - jeeez guy, you really need something to do!
Ric
Posted 2009-05-01 4:18 PM (#26229 - in reply to #26228)

Plankowner

Well, I'm heading out for dinner and an evening of dancing in about 30 minutes and have a party to go to tomorrow right after a day of work with the guys from the base working on our float for the Armed Forces Day Parade in Bremerton on the 16th. More dancing Sunday. Geesh, then there is dancing on Monday and Tuesday off, Dance class on Wednesday and Blues dancing Thursday. Probably will take Friday off due to the dance Saturday... and so it goes.... ain't retirement great???!!!
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-05-01 6:00 PM (#26230 - in reply to #26229)
COMSUBBBS

No worries there Ric. That old worn out CPO is in a rut and hasn't found how to get out of it and learn to live life. Ain't that right, John?
Now watch John turn red in the face, steam come out of his ears and try to make a come back.
I'm with you Ric. 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday is tough to beat.
Stoops
Posted 2009-05-01 6:50 PM (#26235 - in reply to #26230)
Master and Commander

Ralph Luther - 2009-05-01 6:00 PM

No worries there Ric. That old worn out CPO is in a rut and hasn't found how to get out of it and learn to live life. Ain't that right, John?
Now watch John turn red in the face, steam come out of his ears and try to make a come back.
I'm with you Ric. 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday is tough to beat.

The real bitch about it all is that you don't get any vacations! I haven't had one in years!
Hell, if it gets any more boring, I'm tempted to drive over to Ralph's place and prove to myself he doesn't live in a flop house on the bad side of Atlanta! And see how many books he has entitled, "What I taught McMichael and how long it took"
Stoops
Posted 2009-05-01 7:06 PM (#26236 - in reply to #26226)
Master and Commander

crystal - 2009-05-01 3:52 PM

Someone PLEASE find Ric a "real job"!

What? You want him dancing in a topless place? Get real, Clear!
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2009-05-02 3:32 AM (#26238 - in reply to #26226)
Master and Commander

Just got done reading that article about dancing Parrots and what it tells us about folks that dance. Something about inner rythem, and a general desire to be noticed. Describe anyone we know?
GaryKC
Posted 2009-05-02 6:40 AM (#26239 - in reply to #26226)

COMSUBBBS

Gentlemen,

Please realize Ric has a lot on his plate:

• Considering whether to accept the nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court
  • Considering whether to accept his debut on Dancing with the Stars
  • Considering whether to change his websites name to H1N1boats.com
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-05-02 6:45 AM (#26240 - in reply to #26235)
COMSUBBBS

Dave, that book I wrote, "What I taught McMichael and how long it took", is a never ending saga. Many chapters repeat the chapter before, which ought to tell you he is a slow learner.
East of Atlanta is bad, but, West of Atlanta is worse. Can't even begin to describe what lyes North or South.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-05-02 6:48 AM (#26241 - in reply to #26238)
COMSUBBBS

Yeah Walt, Clear is jealous because Ric is a better dancer, however, John can tap dance around anything and better than anyone

Remember way back when? "Any Sub Sailor that can't tap dance is queer." When John heard that he began to tap dance and hasn't stopped yet.

Edited by Ralph Luther 2009-05-02 6:51 AM
Ric
Posted 2009-05-02 7:31 AM (#26242 - in reply to #26239)

Plankowner

• Considering whether to accept the nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court
    You wouldn't like me in this job and neither would I!

• Considering whether to accept his debut on Dancing with the Stars
    I don't have time for these people, I'm too busy dancing! Why watch when I can do it!

• Considering whether to change his websites name to H1N1boats.com
    Cool name, you have it registered?

By the why, what a great dance last night!! Can't beat a live band for dynamics!

Tom McNulty
Posted 2009-05-02 7:50 AM (#26243 - in reply to #26226)

Master and Commander

All you guys have missed the point. Ric has found the secret to finding babes at these dance places. As long as it's not a strip joint he has been mining for gold. He's wiser than the average bear. Do ou need the address to send the check?
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-05-02 5:18 PM (#26261 - in reply to #26243)
COMSUBBBS

I don't know Tom. Stoops claims that Ric is a slut. He just might do a strip at some back road joint. While he was at Arlington back in March he kept his clothes on while in our group, however, I do think he stayed at Olgoat's place along with Blue. Need I say more?
crystal
Posted 2009-05-02 5:57 PM (#26265 - in reply to #26226)

Master and Commander

I like the comment about "retired"... Usually you have to accomplish something in order to retire (i.e. years, income, whatever)... Let's see now: steward's mate, stringing beads, mixing paint, professional moocher (ad naseum), which one provided that needed retirement? LOL
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-05-02 6:04 PM (#26266 - in reply to #26261)

COMSUBBBS

Ah, if I had only known...Ric doing a strip...I would have given him a better back rub!!!  (smile or should I make that "snicker"
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-05-03 6:44 AM (#26277 - in reply to #26265)
COMSUBBBS

I don't know John, but it appears he's found it along with some of us and you're still searching for it. Hang in there, mate, and maybe someday you'll see the light and find it too.
crystal
Posted 2009-05-03 7:39 AM (#26278 - in reply to #26226)

Master and Commander

Ralph, I've already found out that if "I" retire, I might as well kiss you on the forehead and say goodnight permanently!  I've tried it a few times and it doesn't take well.  Twice I was headhunted for a couple of well paid short term jobs (like EB out here for a couple of years at the shipyard).  Then I tried it again and ended up finishing the "honey do" list in about a week.  The job I have right now with the Navy (again) allowed me to set up my own shop and office and become the official "Mr. Fix-it" to the Bremerton Navy Exchange.  Besides the desk, chairs and shelves (official office crapola), my office has a refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave and toaster oven (don't work to hard in there).  Shop has everything I need for tools or I go to Home Depot (etal) as needed either in my blue Navy passenger van, small flat bed or cargo truck set up as a traveling shop (with work bench, shelving ad naseum).  I set my own 32 hour week (usually Wednesday off for Dr. appointments etc., but I can rig a 4 day weekend anytime a holiday happens around.  Now I admit fishing might be o.k. but not 24/7 and unlike Ric, I'm not writing my book so I'll just be that happy fellow who doesn't want to retire (especially if I feel needed AND they still want to pay you!)....
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-05-03 8:32 AM (#26279 - in reply to #26278)
COMSUBBBS

And so-- you haven't found "it". "It" being you don't know what to do with yourself without being directed or provided guidance. That's your thing John! It that is what you need, fine, but, don't knock someone that can handle his job or his life. You seem to enjoy knocking Ric because he was a Steward and a TAD Ride Along. He did his job and did it well. What gives you the idea you did an electricians job better than he did the Stewards job. Are you up on some higher pedestal? I think not. Pat yourself on the back, Shipmate. When your up there on your pedestal look around, it's mighty lonely up there and only one way to go.
crystal
Posted 2009-05-03 8:41 AM (#26280 - in reply to #26226)

Master and Commander

Ahh jeez Ralphy, here you go again!  You said it yourself; basically "different strokes for different folks" I prefer staying active in the manner that I do - my retirement (if and when it ever happens) will be much different than yours or Ric's I'm sure - I was stating my case (maybe as compared), you guys are happy where you stand and so am I!  Don't read too much into these BBS jabs or I'll have to start back in on you and we've all have seen how loudly the diver whines (Mr. thin-skin!) - you sure you weren't breathing deisel fumes outta those tanks?...
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-05-03 8:59 AM (#26281 - in reply to #26280)
COMSUBBBS

Fire away when ready, John. Ya can't get to me, to me, to me. Just be sure you can handle the returns.
Palm Bay Ken
Posted 2009-05-03 5:39 PM (#26284 - in reply to #26281)

Great Sage of the Sea

Wow.... looking almost like a NASCAR race here.... Getting even I mean.... I kinda like the term retarded myself.... Been one since 1997.
GaryKC
Posted 2009-05-06 5:17 PM (#26384 - in reply to #26226)

COMSUBBBS

Really Worried, he's now on late night television.

(extenzeric.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments extenzeric.JPG (32KB - 516 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software