Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: How long will it take the average sailor to become a submariner? The average sailor will never become a submariner.
Dom Deluise dies
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Runner485
Posted 2009-05-05 12:56 PM (#26328)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Dom Deluise dies

May 5, 2009, 1:25 pm

Dom DeLuise Dies

Dom DeLuiseFrazer Harrison/Getty Images Dom DeLuise has died at age 75.

Dom DeLuise, the irrepressibly rotund comedian, has died at the age of 75, his son Michael confirmed to the Web site of the Los Angeles television station KTLA. Mr. DeLuise, the willfully goofy star of numerous comedies like “Blazing Saddles” and “The Muppet Movie,” died Monday after a long illness, Michael DeLuise said.

In the outpouring of affection for Mr. DeLuise that has quicklycropped up on the Web, Ken Tucker, a critic for Entertainment Weekly,aptly describes the performer as “a roly-poly delivery-system for joy,”adding on EW.com:

Whether he was clowning with Dean Martin on TV or making his buddy Burt Reynolds crack upin films like “Cannonball Run,” DeLuise’s effusive happiness wasinfectious. He radiated funniness through his popping eyes and hisrapid-fire way of talking.

In a statement to the Web site of “Entertainment Tonight,” Burt Reynolds, who starred with Mr. DeLuise in two “Cannonball Run” movies and “Smokey and the Bandit II,” said:

I was thinking the other day about this. As you getolder you think about this more and more, I was dreading this moment.Dom always made everyone feel better when he was around. I never heardhim say an unkind word about anyone. I will miss him very much.

Though everyone, deep down, has a favorite DeLuise performance — as the Pope in “Johnny Dangerously,”as an outspoken guest on “The Tonight Show” or “Hollywood Squares” —we’d like to think he did some of his best work in these scenes fromthe 1980 comedy-drama “Fatso”:
PaulR
Posted 2009-05-05 1:59 PM (#26331 - in reply to #26328)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Dom Deluise dies

FATSO, my personal favorite.

Rest In Peace
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software