Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Dollar for dollar and man for man, the submarine is the country's most economical weapon. Comprising only 1.6 percent of the Navy's World War II personnel, the submarine service accounted for 55 percent of all enemy shipping destroyed.
I need a man...for 15 minutes!
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2009-05-10 2:30 PM (#26515)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: I need a man...for 15 minutes!

We
Well, you see...it's like this...

I re-seeded an area in the back yard where Gracie had 'gone' all winter. I fastened down one of those biodegradble blankets over this area. The constructions say that it should be watered at least twice a day. When I fastened a sextion of hose to the larger hose, I noticed this juncture was leaking.

I decided this needed a new gasket, so I put one in. Screwed the two sexions together and turned the water back on. Still leaking profusely. Turned the water off again. Put a second gasket in with the first one. Turned the water back on. Still leaking, only not so badly.

I then decided the problem was that my dainty little hands aren't strong enough to screw the two sexions of hose tightly enough.

Therefore I need a man. But only for a short time, because we all know that men are tighter screwers than women.

Now, I need to get to work.

Cora
subvetss
Posted 2009-05-10 3:33 PM (#26517 - in reply to #26515)
Senior Crew

Subject: RE: I need a man...for 15 minutes!

You'll need a younger man than me Honey. It takes me over fifteen minutes just to remember what I doing here.
Joe'the'Most
Stoops
Posted 2009-05-10 4:37 PM (#26522 - in reply to #26515)
Master and Commander

I'm not even going to touch this one.....nice try, Cora!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-05-10 5:19 PM (#26524 - in reply to #26515)
COMSUBBBS

Well dog-gone, Cora, if ya hadn't put the fear to Dex and run him off he'd be there to tend that sort of thing, but then again, I ain't to sure about him being able to screw...things together of course.
Stoops
Posted 2009-05-10 5:24 PM (#26526 - in reply to #26515)
Master and Commander

Cora----ya need to move to Texas...it's full of men that respect women and treat them accordingly. Depending on where you plant yourself down...and Texas is a big state with a geography that can give you most of what you like, you will love it here. No income tax, no New England politicians, lots of friendly folk....I imagine that both Dakotas are that way, but just more of us............

If nothing else, come visit for a spell.....................We love to host a "blog" as Blue calls it!
BlackBeard
Posted 2009-05-10 5:34 PM (#26528 - in reply to #26515)

Great Sage of the Sea

I'll help you out Cora, I got just what you need. It's nine inches long and will fix all your problems and then some.
It's called water pump pliers.

BB
JrKrup, Skimmer
Posted 2009-05-10 6:35 PM (#26531 - in reply to #26528)

Master and Commander

I'de like to help you Cora, but it's been so long since I screwed anything that I forgot who gets tied up.

Besides, if you went out and bought a pair of pliars, it would be cheaper than having all these guys hanging around.

Remember the three stages of man!

Tri-weekly
Try weekly
Try weakly
Smiley
Posted 2009-05-11 2:38 PM (#26554 - in reply to #26526)
Great Sage of the Sea

Stoops - 2009-05-10 8:24 PM

Cora----ya need to move to Texas...it's full of men that respect women and treat them accordingly. Depending on where you plant yourself down...and Texas is a big state with a geography that can give you most of what you like, you will love it here. No income tax, no New England politicians, lots of friendly folk....I imagine that both Dakotas are that way, but just more of us............

If nothing else, come visit for a spell.....................We love to host a "blog" as Blue calls it!

Stoops~ Now we all know that's not what our Good old BootCamp CC said about what's in Texas...
dex armstrong
Posted 2009-05-11 3:44 PM (#26556 - in reply to #26515)

COMSUBBBS

Corabelle, How soon do you need these two sections connected? I've enrolled in HOSE COUPLING 101 here at the Community College. The classes don't start until next Wednesday and last until mid-August....after which I could saddle old Sparky the Wonder Horse and head west. Barring catastrophic events, terrible weather, swine flu or terminal athletes foot...I could get there sometime next February. Now about this fifteen minutes. You obviously haven't read the OSHA regs regarding "the joining of hoses of different diameters"....Do you have a calibrated Johnson kaniffilling junction valve and a Crossman coupling, with a spring loaded relief set at the required pressure with a UL certification? Next, have you completed the necessary paperwork to include a signed copy of the document stating that you have read and fully understood Sections 501-C-6 and 1836-B-(sub section 3A) of the OSHA Safety Code, and the "hold harmless" clause that applies to the hose connecting operative? Do you provide the gloves, raincoat, umbrella and meals, travel expenses and an on-site porta-potty? I joined the International Brotherhood of Hose Workers, in anticipation of your acceptance of my job proposal and the work rules will require that the job take a minimum of two and a half weeks after all of the site prep has been completed. Looking forward to working with you on this. Can I cut my out of pocket expense by re occupying your doghouse? Your DEX
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software