Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Modern nuclear submarines can travel faster submerged than they can on the surface. They can fully submerge in less than a minute.
Have you Noticed
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2009-05-10 3:53 PM (#26518)
Master and Commander

Subject: Have you Noticed

Since Doc has gotten the main piece of Biker equipment, times are changing. Myrtle Beach South Carolina is tying to discourage the Bike Bash. Something to do with leude and licivious behavior. One Lady even likened them to drunk sailors on their first liberty after returning from patrol. She must have been from Charleston. I remember the little town of Georgetown about half way to Myrtle Beach. Nice restaurant in an old manor house. Wine and dine and off to the privacy of the National Forest that I knew so well. Now they get word that Doc has a bike, and they want to run all the bikers off for fear of one lone Corpsman, well beyond his active years. They must have long memories down there. Wonder if they remember the River Ox with the sixty and the raids on little Peedee and big Peedee. Or the great Caper's island beach picnic that lasted three days? Could be the cause, but I still think it is personal memories of Corpsmen and their deprevities.

Edited by Sewer Pipe Snipe 2009-05-10 3:55 PM
RCK
Posted 2009-05-10 4:03 PM (#26521 - in reply to #26518)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Have you Noticed

Alot of bikers today are different than the bikers of years ago. They ride for the pleasure of riding and don't care about the bad guy image.
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-05-11 1:54 AM (#26534 - in reply to #26518)

Master and Commander

Subject: Ah, Walt

I think the statute of limitations has run out on my escapades. Like the man said, I just ride for the pleasure of riding. Now if I could only remember why I went where I went so I could remember how to get back?
609EM1
Posted 2009-05-11 5:26 AM (#26537 - in reply to #26518)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Have you Noticed

Sewer Pipe Snipe - 2009-05-10 6:53 PM Since Doc has gotten the main piece of Biker equipment, times are changing. Myrtle Beach South Carolina is tying to discourage the Bike Bash.

In 1998,three of my friends and I went down to Myrtle Beach,SC,for their Bike Week.We were part of a very small minority of the bikers there that didn't have straight pipes or extremely loud mufflers on our Harleys.We rented a condo there for the week,and our parking was close to the neighbor's windows.When we left for the day,we would push our bikes out to the street before starting them,and didn't play loud music or generally make asses of ourselves like a lot of other bikers in the area,to minimize our disturbing of the permanent residents.After a couple of days they were talking to us and offering us beers,etc,on their patios.When we left when our stay was over our neighbors commented that it would be nice if more of the bikers there had half of the consideration for others as we did.

Loud motorcycles and inconsiderate behavior gets real old real fast.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software