Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS R-6 was fitted the first prototype US submarine snorkel at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in the closing months of the European part of WW II in April / May 1945 and successfully tested it off Fort Lauderdale, Fl. as the war against Japan ended in August 1945. The snorkel was removed from the USS R-6 and she was decommissioned and scrapped in September 1945.
Need Hairball and his Rachel's address
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2009-05-13 6:00 PM (#26616)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Need Hairball and his Rachel's address

Would like to get a small package off to them...DEX
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-05-13 6:09 PM (#26617 - in reply to #26616)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Need Hairball and his Rachel's address

Here is address for Arin and Rachel Kfir.  104 Sugarloaf Rd., St. John's, NL A1A 5V5 Canada.

Hope this helps.

Skii
Posted 2009-05-14 7:09 AM (#26651 - in reply to #26616)

Great Sage of the Sea

Dex if you click on the "binnacle" list on top of page it gives addresses of all those reported ill and that can use cards and good wishes - I check it periodically for new names and send off cards to the new posts.

Hope this helps

Ski
Hairball
Posted 2009-05-15 2:25 PM (#26664 - in reply to #26616)
Senior Crew

Hi Dex! "Thank you," doesn't even come close to what Rae and I feel to you - and all our, 'shipmates,' on this board. Yes, even though I'm an NQP, ancient airdale you guys have treated me as a shipmate and that is something to be very proud of.

The cards and letters for Rae made quite a difference. I remember the fist batch that arrived. Rae was pretty ill with depression and I had come home from work. One of Rae's friends had been staying with her while I was at work because, frankly, I was afraid to leave her on her own. The friend went home (a friend indeed I might add) and I showed Rae all the cards and she began to open them. She said, "These guys really care don't they?" It was better than any medication she was taking. Dex's cards and letters stand out. When Dex writes it's not so much from his head, but his heart and Rae has a special place for this Sea-going scallywag in her heart!

I wish you lived closer Dex, by golly that would be great.

The address Miss. Lumpy Bumps gave is correct. Miss. Lumpy, you are a sweetheart! GIANT HUG to you!

I'm on duty right now (12 hours until 06:30 NT) and it's a great evening, about 60F, crystal clear and with a great weekend promised. Since none of you are near here I promise to have a few British Beers and a fine BBQ of Moose Steaks for you all. BTW, Rae asked me to tell you she sends her love to you guys.

And yet again, from me - thank you!

Hairy.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software