Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Another Running Gun battle.....Destroyer Gunning, Wahoo Running” -- Wahoo (SS-238) after hitting a convoy, now out of fish, and heading for the barn......
Question for Doc Gardner
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

docbeeghly
Posted 2009-05-16 3:42 PM (#26679)
Senior Crew

Subject: Question for Doc Gardner

I just went to a birthday party across the street, and met a young man who's father was an FMF corpsman by the name of Doc Warren Flanery, and he was supposedly on one of the swift boats in NAM, ever run into him or hear of him?
the beagle doc
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-05-16 4:40 PM (#26680 - in reply to #26679)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Answer for Doc Beeghly

Can't say as I ever heard of him. I was in Chu Lai from Nov 1966 to Nov 1967; I would go on the Swift Boats out of there when they needed a Corpsman so I was never officially attached to them since I was serving with the Marines. It was hard to get to know anybody since we were so spread out; lot of it depended on if you were there at the same time. He might have been there before me or after me or could have been down in the Delta with the Riverines'
If you see him again tell him Welcome Home for me.
I'll look you up the next time I get to Conroe and we'll go raid Stoops house
Stoops
Posted 2009-05-16 5:17 PM (#26684 - in reply to #26680)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Answer for Doc Beeghly

Doc Gardner - 2009-05-16 4:40 PM

I'll look you up the next time I get to Conroe and we'll go raid Stoops house

Hell, Doc, bring Pat with you. And you and Pat and Doc and Tam can come on down. Terry would be glad to help both Tam and Pat shop all over Houston!!!!!!!!!!! Terry's a good shopper for our budget, but hell, if it is your budget...well, that's your problem, hee hee.

besides, you need to show Pat the house next door to Beeghly....It may be come very attractive with your political perverts getting ready to destroy both the city of Detroit and the State of Michigan.

We welcome yankees, but only if they adopt Southern living.......buy a bunch of guns, flags, and bibles, bumper stickers that ridicule.....well I am getting close to being political and I don't want to offend Don or his rules....this is a great BBS and I don't want to do anything to endanger it............

and, BTW, Doc, I thought of you tonight....Terry brought back some fresh corn on the cob and I wondered where my stores loading party was!!!!!!!

Well, I had to do without you.....but would have been delighted to be sipping a good 12 year old and swapping sea stories with you.........

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software