Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS NAUTILUS SSN 571 was the first submarine with a satisfactory single plant that can be used for main propulsion both surfaced and submerged.
Clamagore and the Laffey
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Darrin
Posted 2009-05-16 4:48 PM (#26681)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: Clamagore and the Laffey

For those whom didn't know already the Clamagore and the Laffey are fighting for their lives and they need HELP, aparently the Laffey is too bad even to tow out into the harbor to go to a shipyard without major repairs first and it has been said that she will sink within the year if there isn't any work done to save her.

clicka da link

http://www.submarinemuseums.org/forum/index.php?topic=18.0
snakeyez
Posted 2009-05-16 8:45 PM (#26688 - in reply to #26681)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Clamagore and the Laffey

It is disturbing news to say the least. The Clamagore covers a large void of museum submarines on the east coast. It would be so sad to see the Clamagore scrapped.

Only a couple of years ago, I was part of the general public who believed the museum submarines (as well as all museum vessels) were government supported and in no danger of disappearing. It only took a short conversation with Tom Bowser for me to learn how things really are.

I think if the (interested) public could be educated on museum submarines, then more support could be raised. This is part of what we're trying to do with SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software