Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Robert Fulton, inventor of the steamboat, was an avid submarine enthusiast. He built several submersible warships, one of which was known as the Nautilus.
About Doris
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2009-05-18 8:51 AM (#26722)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: About Doris

First off, She appears to be "cancer free". All tests have been negative. It looks as if they shrunk it down to where it was contained and couldn't migrate to the lympth system which was the initial fear, When the surgeon removed it it was the size of a ping pong ball...She continued chemo for an additional two week.....periodic radiation for several months. Then they did a bunch of tests and pronounced her devoid of cancer cells. I want to take this opportunity on behalf of the two of us...We are convinced that without the outpouring of love and support of Gentry's Gremlin Gang this may not have been possible. Doris has been deeply touched by the cards, books, prayers and love from people she has never had the honor of meeting...her recovery may not have been possible. Thank you ever so much. Your Shipmate DEX
BlackBeard
Posted 2009-05-18 12:11 PM (#26730 - in reply to #26722)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: About Doris

I'm glad to hear that Dex, Great News!

BB
dex armstrong
Posted 2009-05-18 2:09 PM (#26734 - in reply to #26722)

COMSUBBBS

I'm a firm believer that cancer survival depends a lot on the adoption of a fighting attitude, a belief in yourself, a willingness to go the distance without running up a white flag and giving in to the desease AND....and this is a great big AND...And the positive support of friends, and in this case, many never met. Gentry's magic cyber clubhouse is populated by a membership unequalled in generosity, caring, abundant love and a willingness to distribute a radiation not found in treatment centers....the radiance of a special kind of sunshine. Submariners are special people, that is not smoke blowing it is a fact. No one understands that more than Doris or is more thankful for it....or recognizes how you folks that rode all the way with her on the scariest journrey of her life It is impossible to find words to properly express appreciation for that...but please accept a thank you forged in gold from the anvil in her heart. And from your shipmate DEX
Land Lubber
Posted 2009-05-18 2:38 PM (#26744 - in reply to #26734)
Old Salt

And Dex you played a very important part. You never gave up either. Dex you are both in my prayers each day. I mean we have to make sure you make it to your induction in the Holland Club. So stay healthy out there!!!!

Take Care.
Steve
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-05-18 2:49 PM (#26745 - in reply to #26722)

COMSUBBBS

Well, Dex...as a member of the "Swine of the Highest Order"...it was pleasure meeting her at the luncheon for Warshot.  She is a truly a very gracious lady...and may I add my heartiest "YIPPEE'S" to all those who have already posted.  Please give her our best and let her know that just because this pronouncement is GOOD, the prayers and good thoughts will not stop.

I will attach a pix I took at luncheon...and the "lovely" lady at the table is Doris. 

BTW, Guys...she's a hoot, too!!!

(100_3340A.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_3340A.jpg (49KB - 454 downloads)
dex armstrong
Posted 2009-05-18 3:00 PM (#26747 - in reply to #26722)

COMSUBBBS

Very rarely do I get choked up to the point of tears...just did, DEX
dex armstrong
Posted 2009-05-18 3:08 PM (#26748 - in reply to #26722)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Contained in that photo are four of my dearest friends

Right to left, one of the most loyal and generous friends...Joe Pheonix, next, one of the most unsalvagable Goat Locker residents ever created, Ray "Olgoat" Stone, The lovely Doris. Next (Some loafing sonuvabitch known as the Master Two-Way Trash Dumper) and last, Arthur Gaines Smith TM1 (SS) World War II, six war patrols on the USS SKATE and the holder of the Silver Star for gallantry in action. All the dearest of friends. DEX
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-05-18 4:44 PM (#26762 - in reply to #26748)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Contained in that photo are four of my dearest friends

Dex, I enjoyed so meeting Art, too.  He is a hoot, as well...and a true hero.
Flapper
Posted 2009-05-18 5:25 PM (#26767 - in reply to #26745)

Master and Commander

That may be the first photo of Ray Stone (that I've seen anyhow) without a big cigar and ... not tongue-kissing someone's ear. Heck, even the tie is subdued.
I'm speechless.
Stoops
Posted 2009-05-18 6:19 PM (#26769 - in reply to #26767)
Master and Commander

don't you believe it flapper...that is a wax dummy....no other way to explain Ray in a tasteful suit, no hippie tie, etc.......
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-05-18 6:19 PM (#26770 - in reply to #26767)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: About Doris...YA MEAN...

LIKE THIS ONE, BOB???

(OLGOAT.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments OLGOAT.jpg (23KB - 482 downloads)
Stoops
Posted 2009-05-18 6:59 PM (#26779 - in reply to #26722)
Master and Commander

Subject: Ol Goat!

ARGHH! MY eyes! MY Eyes! I'll be forever blind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software