Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjoā€¯ -- Chief Officer Steward Dogan on the USS Gurnard during WWII
Coming soon to a bumper near you...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2009-05-18 9:15 AM (#26723)

Plankowner

Subject: Coming soon to a bumper near you...

...To help defray the costs of keeping PigBoats.COM and all the attached pages of mine on the web I am testing the waters to see if these bumper stickers will generate interest. I'm not making a living at this but Social Security really doesn't cover the cost of bandwidth and hosting fees well. Email me for pricing (it is reasonable) since I don't think Don would like my posting that. Actual size is 4"' X 6". webmaster at pigboats.com

dex armstrong
Posted 2009-05-18 11:24 AM (#26725 - in reply to #26723)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Coming soon to bumper near you...

Count me in and e-mail me what I need to toss in the whitehat....When I was a kid I mailed in for every cereal box offer (Always was taping quarters to the back of Kelloggs PEP box tops and mailing them off to Battlecreek Michigan...or cutting the jar seal out of Peter Pan peanut butter jars and mailing the jar liners and quarters taped to the back of one of Mother's blank 3x5 recipe cards, for "Sky King" stuff...(Remember Sky King and his daughter Penny and his plane The Song Bird?)....I got a genuine Sky King secret decoder ring with a little built in siren you could blow on and the little sonuvabitch made a helluva racket...Somewhere during after lunch story time in second grade where you were supposed to put your head on the desk and Miss Finny, a flint lipped, beady eyed old maid who never figured out that doing stupid stuff was what little boys did for a living...Don't as me why but half way through the chapter Old Lady Finny was reading, a sudden urge came over me to communicate by siren with Sky King....Ownwership of my secret decoder ring changed instantly to a skinny old maid who didn't even know who'n the hell Sky King was...You remember what they said..."Dexter, you can have it back at the end off the year." You ever know any kid that ever got anything back? I always visualized elementary school teachers basements filled with tons of tops, tin soldiers, comic books, Prince Albert flip-top tobacco cans filled with marbles, squirt guns, Barlow knives, cap pistols, Duncan Yo-Yo's, football, baseball and fighter plane trading cards, Whammo Slingshots, bubble gum packs....They never shook down girls. Felder Forbes brought his super-dooper Boy Scout binoculars, the Santa Claus brought him, to school so we could see Mary Davenport's panties when she let her dress get blown up on the swings and flipped upside down on the monkey bars....Girls undies were ultimate forbidden fruit in 2nd grade....Remember, "I see London, I see France, I see Alice Grady's U-N-D-E-R-P-A-N-T-S !!!" Great playground crowd pleaser. There were no human rights for kids in the 1940's...no one had invented "Child Abuse" yet....and every adult above the age of 25 had the right to twist your ear, smack your head to (quote) get your unsdivided attention, beat you with anything lying around and within reach...Many times your punishment depended on the availability of pointer sticks laying in the eraser tray on the blackboard. From first through third grade I ate stuff I hated...asperagus, Brussel sprouts, oysters, turnups and lamb...simply to accellerate my growth to where I could whip hell out of Mr. Jahn our principal....When I grew up and returned to school a was reunited with the sadistic bastard he was a frail bird boned little twerp a kindergartner could have left laying flat on his puny back. All my childhood dreams of returning to rip off chunks of his body and feeding them to wild dogs just went up in memory smoke. Ric, tell me what I need to send, to be the first on my block to get one. DEX
Ric
Posted 2009-05-18 12:24 PM (#26731 - in reply to #26725)

Plankowner

Thank Dex

Drop me an email, click on the link in the original message and I'll fill you in.

I remember that stuff too!!
Ric
Posted 2009-05-18 11:22 PM (#26790 - in reply to #26723)

Plankowner

Subject: Bringing it back to the top NM

Flapper
Posted 2009-05-19 2:28 PM (#26806 - in reply to #26725)

Master and Commander

Dex wrote: '...Ownwership of my secret decoder ring changed instantly to a skinnyold maid who didn't even know who'n the hell Sky King was...Youremember what they said..."Dexter, you can have it back at the end offthe year." You ever know any kid that ever got anything back? I alwaysvisualized elementary school teachers basements filled with tons oftops, tin soldiers, comic books, Prince Albert flip-top tobacco cansfilled with marbles, squirt guns, Barlow knives, cap pistols, DuncanYo-Yo's, football, baseball and fighter plane trading cards, WhammoSlingshots, bubble gum packs...'

Well, shipmate, now that the statute of limitations has expired (by a half-century or so) I can 'fess up to getting together with a couple of other miscreant juvenile delinquents er, normal healthy young lads, and staging a summertime raid on Mrs Hewitt's desk drawers at Horace Mann School in Oakland CA. They had a summer recreation program at the school and we eluded the flinty stare of the custodian and crept through the empty hallways, got into Mrs Hewitt's room with one of those skeleton keys you could buy at the Five and Dime store, and 'liberated' all those confiscated goodies that we had contributed during the school year.

It's a damn good thing that it was an era free of all the snoopy video cams and security alarm systemsthat they use nowadays.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software