Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS R-6 was fitted the first prototype US submarine snorkel at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in the closing months of the European part of WW II in April / May 1945 and successfully tested it off Fort Lauderdale, Fl. as the war against Japan ended in August 1945. The snorkel was removed from the USS R-6 and she was decommissioned and scrapped in September 1945.
To Dex Armstrong
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Hairball
Posted 2009-06-05 11:24 AM (#27410)
Senior Crew

Subject: To Dex Armstrong

Hi Dex: This is an, 'open,' letter because I want to tell you publically just how thankful Rachel and I were for the gift of EXCELLENT books!

As most of you know Rachel has been very sick and is now well on her way to being able to give me hell when I need it (often). During this period you guys sent cards and letters to her that made one hell of a difference. Both Rae and I will never forget that. And you Dex, having a gifted pen, wrote amazing words of encouragement and kindness that touched both of us deeply.

Now enough of this mushy stuff!

I have just come off leave and Rae and I went away for a few day and it was a terrific break for both of us.

We watched whales doing their stuff for the tourists, camped out for a few days, fed the black-fly and mosquitoes (being a Limey I'm foreign food to them) and had a great time.

When we got back I went to our mailbox and there was two packages of books from Dex and by golly were they good books. One of the books was about sex and mischief in the history of royalty! Rae read it and I must say things have been v-e-r-y interesting since then!

The ones for me are fantastic books of history about America and the other about the famous British ship HMS Bellephron and by golly - it brings back all the joys of flogging and rum! Argh me hearties! Thems wuz the days!

Dex, you're a good man and Rae sends you a hug and a kiss! From me, a firm dry handshake!

Hairball.
John396
Posted 2009-06-05 2:33 PM (#27414 - in reply to #27410)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: To Dex Armstrong

Oh Hairyone, good for you and your lovely wife to be able to submerge for a few days and donate your blood to the local varmints. Thats great that Ray is able to get out and enjoy life and keep the NQP under control. And as far as a dry hand shake, submarine style is a cold hand shake from holding a frosty mug.
And thanks to Dex from all for his support. John396
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-06-05 2:51 PM (#27415 - in reply to #27414)
COMSUBBBS

Man, I remember those Black Flies. They are 100 times worse than knats we have here in South Carolina. Those Black Flies are flying teeth with a sting. In the afternoon the trees look like they are smoking because of the Flies around them. They'd bite you around the face and you'd look like you went a couple of rounds with Joe Frazier.
Thanks Dex for looking out for that Limey. One thing though, I don't think he can read the english language. He sure as hell can't speak it. Not right any way.
JrKrup, Skimmer
Posted 2009-06-05 10:04 PM (#27420 - in reply to #27415)

Master and Commander

I talked to Dex a couple days ago. He's having computer problems again, but this time he thinks its his wireless router. He can do some things on his computer, but he can't talk to the rest of the world.
dex armstrong
Posted 2009-06-06 9:23 AM (#27423 - in reply to #27410)

COMSUBBBS

Mister Furry Sphere, Great news about Rachel...You're not going to believe this...I fixed what was wrong with my computer. Bill Kreyer, is a remarkable fellow. He replaced the big black box that is the central doo-dah that all the green, red, white and yellow ended wires get pugged into (he fixed it all up, waved a magic wand...and in the words of the late Dr. Frankenstein and Adrian Stukey,"IT'S ALIVE.) Then Mr. Kreyer showed me how to click on this unnecessary crap eliminator and e-mail stuff to the cyber dump...some kind of black hole cyber landfill.) Next, I'm going to get off a box to you guys in the next couple of weeks and include a book that Solveig used to bring bright smiles and brush away dark clouds...it needs a new home. Many years ago, you posted a couple of lovely photos of Rachel....For those of you who have never had the opportunity of seeing this lovely lady, we're talking "knockout"....This Cannuk doesn't deserve her but stuck something in her Ovaltine that incapacitated her long enough to be reluctantly hauled to an alter, where she became the lovely MISS HAIRBALL of NEWFOUNDLAND and she woke up to find herself in bed with the hairy monster we know as Hairball. Scary, Thought. It is well past the time that we need a recent photo of Rachel...WARN US BEFORE YOU DO IT....I will need stand-by jumper cables, asbestos contact lens, and a cold shower...I would get a plane ticket to the place where you can take the Newfoundland dog sled ride to your place....get some Bruno Mali shoes...one of those "fits any size" gloves... come in your bedroon window...OJ you and run off with your lovely Rachel...Seriously, picturing her smiling again is a wonderful present to an old coot, who considers her a lovely wonderful friend. Having said that, do you realize how deep a hole I am in this The Duchess of Lumpy Bumps? I come up for Penalty Box parole in 2015. Proud to be your friend, DEX
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software