Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I saw the submariners, the way they stood aloof and silent, watching their pigboat with loving eyes. They are alone in the Navy. I admired the PT boys. And I often wondered how the aviators had the courage to go out day after day and I forgave their boasting. But the submariners! In the entire fleet they stand apart!” -- James Michener
Obit Messenger results for 06/06/09.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Pig
Posted 2009-06-06 12:16 PM (#27426)
Plankowner

Subject: Obit Messenger results for 06/06/09.

- (Spokesman-Review)
GARVEY, Sean Michael, 62, passed away at his home in Spokane, WA, Monday, June 1, 2009. Sean was born in Spokane, WA on August 22, 1946. He attended Sandpoint schools, and upon finishing high school joined the Navy. He made the Navy submarine service his career and found himself on the USS Blueback (SS-581). Having grown up on Pend' Oreille, he thought this was an inspiring coincidence and a sign of good luck. He was a veteran of the Vietnam War in which he earned several medals. After his years of submarine duty Sean returned to the Northwest and settled in Spokane as a Navy recruiter. When Sean retired from the navy, he became an agent for Allstate Insurance as well as running his own tree trimming service. He was married to Judy Baldwin Garvey and together they raised their three children: Brian Garvey, David Garvey, and Seana (Ryan) Sorensen. Judy preceded Sean in death in 2000. Sean has spent the past few years wintering in Arizona with his wife Patti Thomson. He faced his final illness with courage and selflessness. We, his family, found him to be a hero in his life and in his death. As his family we cannot find words to express our gratitude for all the loving support he received from his wife Patty. He is survived by Patty Thomson, his three children his four sisters Lois Lebowitz, Teresa Sudut, Shannon Abromeit, Colleen Dalebout and two brothers Pat Garvey and Kevin Garvey .He will be greatly missed by his eight grandchildren and Patty's family. Services will be held at Coffelt's Funeral Chapel, Monday, June 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM. Interment will follow at Pinecrest Memorial Park. Calling hours will be from 9 am to service time. Family and friends are invited to sign Sean's online guestbook at www.coffeltfuneral.com. Arrangements are entrusted to the care of COFFELT FUNERAL SERVICE.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software