Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The self-propelled torpedo, which gets its name from the eel TORPEDO ELECTRICUS, was invented by Robert Whitehead in 1868, a number of years before a practical submarine was developed.
Questions about USS Segundo (SS-398)
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Serious Submarine ResearchMessage format

johnjgeoghegan
Posted 2009-06-10 10:41 AM (#27545)
New on board

Subject: Questions about USS Segundo (SS-398)

I am a professional historian writing a non-fiction book for Random House about the USS Segundo (SS-398), her officers and crew, and her five war patrols during WWII.

As a result, I am looking for any information related to her two CO's which commanded during the 1944-1945 period: Lt. Commander J.D. Fulp, Jr. and Lt. Commander S.L. "Slick" Johnson.

I'm interested in any information that will help me better understand what these two captains were like. I'm also interested in finding their children so I can interview them for my book.

Finally, I would also like to interview any officers or crew who served on the boat any time between its commissioning in May 1944 and the time Captain Johnson left as commander in February 1946.

If you have any information related to the above that can help me, I can be contacted at the below address, phone number or email. Sincerely,

John Geoghegan
18 Stetson Avenue
Kentfield, CA 94904
johnjgeoghegan@yahoo.com
(415) 740-6070
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0