Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: In clear water, a submerged submarine can be spotted from the air at depths up to 100 feet.
Very Late Confession
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

GaryKC
Posted 2009-06-13 9:07 PM (#27656)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Very Late Confession

Okay, I admit it! Yep, I did it!

I was a young QM3, fall of '73 and pissed off. My qual boat had been sold last year and now they're selling my current boat, damn, what the hell did I do to make uncle sam want to sell every boat I joined the crew of? Well, I know what I'll do. Can't see how the new owners will have any use for this big feller. OCTOBER 1973

(flagday2009.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments flagday2009.jpg (23KB - 479 downloads)
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2009-06-14 3:47 AM (#27663 - in reply to #27656)

Master and Commander

Subject: LOL, me too....

...in fact probably a few of us have 'acquired' a standard naval issue flag not meant for personal use!

I had both the Australian White Ensign and the Australian National Flag......somehow, I have only managed to retain the ANF.

Blue *_*
Smiley
Posted 2009-06-14 9:11 AM (#27671 - in reply to #27656)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Very Late Confession

I have the Great Honor and good fortune to have received a nice collection of U.S, Flags and one Union Jack and one Canadian Flag that have flown over Somalia, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, Germany, and Norway.. The Union Jack was from Afghanistan with
the signatures of several RN SMS members on it's border , The Canadian Flag is from same location and signed in kind...The Afghanistan and Iraqi Old Glorys are framed in flag cases and hung on my computer room wall. They are also signed...and are close to my heart...I also have one of the the Jacks from the 601 which was well worn and replaced back in 73...I gave it a "New Home" it now hangs on the wall at my local VFW... Okay sue me....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software