Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: In 1921, a United States submarine, the R-14, having run out of fuel at sea while looking for the missing tug USS Conestoga, rigged sails from blankets and hammocks sewn together. Bunk frames were used for yardarms and booms. The torpedo loading king post for a fore mast, the torpedo loading boom for a mizzen mast and the telescoping radio mast, for the main mast. The R-14 sailed 100 miles in five days to the port of Hilo, T.H. at a speed of two knots. It has been reported in March 2016 that the Conestoga has been located 3 miles off Southeast Farallon Island, probably sinking with-in a day of leaving port. All hands lost.
NSR, to the Family of PFC Ramirez
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Darrin
Posted 2009-06-18 4:16 PM (#27796)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: NSR, to the Family of PFC Ramirez

While I only knew your son for a short time here at Ft. Eustis I was saddened to hear of the tragic loss of your son last Saturday night. He was a good soldier here and I was proud to know him and work with him on the aircraft, it was an honor to serve with him. May you find peace and solitude knowing that he was a true soldier and he had become one of the best here that I have seen in a long time, I was honored to work with him.

Sadly, he graduated last Friday in the morning with me and was killed in a car accident on Saturday.. He was a 15Y (AH-64D Apache Longbow Armament, Electrical Systems, Avionics, Radar repairman). His first duty station was to be with the 1st CAV at Fort Hood, Texas.

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-06-18 4:45 PM (#27797 - in reply to #27796)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: NSR, to the Family of PFC Ramirez

Darrin,  sorry to hear of the loss of one of your brother soldiers.  Our sincerest sympathies go out to his family and many prayers will be said for him and them.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-06-18 4:45 PM (#27798 - in reply to #27796)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: NSR, to the Family of PFC Ramirez

It's always rough to lose someone you know and work with, especially, when they are young and full of life. Things happen and we deal with it the best we can because life goes on. Condolences, Darrin, to you and the family.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software