Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The first boat known to have been navigated under water was built in 1620 by a Dutchman, Cornelius Van Drebbel. Van Drebbel is said to have developed a chemical which would purify the air and allow the crew to stay submerged for extended periods.
That's what I like about message boards!
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2009-06-20 5:54 PM (#27841)
Master and Commander

Subject: That's what I like about message boards!

Never a dull moment! Not like the dullness of being at sea in a sub. Back then we sneaked around in the middle of the Russian fleet, chased Russian subs, almost shot ourselve with one of our own torpedoes, shot a guy out of the Fwd. Rm. escape trunk by accident, shot a guy through the Control Rm. hatch into the Aft Batt. by accident, burned down the After Battery, almost exceeded our crush depth on account of someone improperly rigging the boat for dive, being dead in the Pacific Ocean due to all engines not working, shot the movie projector out of one of the torpedo tubes by accident, burned an electrician nearly into a crispy critter, sailed into a state 5 sea, decorated the Aft. Rm. when some drunk sailor opened the flapper valve on the head while the below decks watch was busy opening the # 4 sanitary back up and hull valves, had multiple electrical fires, had a look out knock his brains out cause he looked down while clearing the bridge and smacked his noggin with the first rung on the ladder, had a brain dead idiot nearly left topside during a dive because he couldn't find the topside hatch to the Control Rm. from the look out station, getting thrown out of San Diego by the base commander due to the ashore acivities of some drunk sub sailors. These are just a few things that happened that contributed to "THE BOREDOM AT SEA!!!"
Gil
Posted 2009-06-20 6:29 PM (#27842 - in reply to #27841)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: That's what I like about message boards!

Wow!  If all that happened on one boat I think I would have begged for a transfer.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-06-21 5:51 AM (#27857 - in reply to #27842)
COMSUBBBS

Begged for a transfer, Gil??? Sounds like its just getting interesting. I can remember a "NQP" Lookouts getting their dentures rearranged while clearing the bridge with binoculars. That happened quite often. Man. Rm. fires were getting to be a right regular occurance in the late '60's.
Lee Davenport
Posted 2009-06-22 10:01 AM (#27900 - in reply to #27841)
Crew

I would want a transfer alright, one TO that boat.
Coyote
Posted 2009-06-23 8:34 PM (#27951 - in reply to #27841)

Master and Commander

Sounds about normal... each boat had some of these, with certain variations.

DBF
Coyote
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software