Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Insignia of the Navy's submarine service is a submarine flanked by two dolphins. Dolphins, or porpoises, the traditional attendants to Poseidon, Greek God of the Sea and patron deity of sailors, are symbolic of a calm sea, and are sometimes called the 'sailors' friend. In addition to the Dolphins, those World War II submariners who participated in successful combat patrols may wear the coveted Submarine Combat Insignia.
New Requin patches
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Bear
Posted 2009-06-21 12:34 PM (#27877)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: New Requin patches

I am having made two patches for the Requin I assume that BC Patch will carry these but if anyone served onboard and need either of these two please let me know

I was not able to find these two at any of my sources for a vest I was working on, so I made them. BBS members get second chance before the go off to the vendors.

Edited by Bear 2009-06-21 12:39 PM

(0848197.jpg)

(patch1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 0848197.jpg (17KB - 466 downloads)
Attachments patch1.jpg (35KB - 476 downloads)
Boy Throttleman
Posted 2009-06-21 9:16 PM (#27889 - in reply to #27877)

Old Salt

Subject: RE: New Requin patches

You could have contacted the Requin's Reunion Committee they have been available since the 90's.
Bear
Posted 2009-06-22 7:06 AM (#27896 - in reply to #27877)

Great Sage of the Sea

Hmmmmmm what is their web site Google and every link page I looked at doesn't show a Requin Association. So I assume since the Requin Museum, Requin Base, BC Patch, Martini, Don MCGrogan and several other patch vendors don't have any patch except the red SSR patch that no one had these two any more I knew they existed at one time but I sure could not find a source. Maybe they need to have their web master fix it so the when you enter USS Requin Association into Google, Yahoo, MSN search engines that their site comes up, or maybe it is a dead link. I would love to have saved $400 and I know several of us would rather have bought our patch from them rather than re inventing the wheel. Just a thought.

Edited by Bear 2009-06-22 9:12 AM
Jim M.
Posted 2009-06-22 9:30 AM (#27897 - in reply to #27877)

Great Sage of the Sea

There really is no firm REQUIN association per se. The website that usually comes up is the one I did in tribute to her.. http://www.geocities.com/uss_requin/ . And any names that come my way I pass along to Jim Louden, who has taken over the Reunion duties from Bob Garlock and Tim and Dennis Cantwell.

The patches that Bear shows are from my site (feel free to use) and were done up prior to the 1995 Reunion in Pittsburgh by Bob Garlock. The red SSR patch was taken from one donated to Bob G. by Omar Leightner (I think).. Bob also had a jacket-back patch, based on an original from Jack Baust (I think that was his name) who was COB on REQUIN in the 1952 timeframe.
Lee Davenport
Posted 2009-06-22 9:44 AM (#27898 - in reply to #27877)
Crew

Bear, I would like to have one of those green patches. I served aboard the Requin for several months and that was their patch. I have an old one, but a nice new one would look good on my USSVI Vest. You can contact me at: carlee21@att.net about prices, shipping, etc.
Bear
Posted 2009-06-22 1:33 PM (#27905 - in reply to #27877)

Great Sage of the Sea

Thanks Jim The pictures did come from your site which I mistook for the Museum site (also from several others) with  your site having a B&W drawing as well (only way I could tell it was a bottle in a pocket) Are there still any in existance? (May help Barry, Don and I from re ordering if we only need a few) Didnot mean to take anything away from any type of ship association just that none of had these to designs  If you have more of the patches you should put on your site, I was also surprised that Requin Base had none (I had to call there SK who said they didn't have any Requin logos)

Lee send me your snail mail address and I will ship ASAP

Edited by Bear 2009-06-22 1:38 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software