Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I propose to you a new arm of war, as formidable as it is economical. Submarine navigation, which has been sometimes attempted, but as all know without results, owing to want of suitable opportunities, is now a problematical thing no more." - Brutus de Villeroi in a letter to President Lincoln, 1862
This day in 1847
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2009-06-22 6:50 AM (#27895)

Plankowner

Subject: This day in 1847

..the doughnut was invented!!!
Lee Davenport
Posted 2009-06-22 9:46 AM (#27899 - in reply to #27895)
Crew

Subject: RE: This day in 1847

I know every one talks about Krispy Kremes (KK) but there is a local donut shop here named Southern Maid and their donuts are much better than KK's.
Ric
Posted 2009-06-22 11:21 AM (#27902 - in reply to #27899)

Plankowner

I don't like Krispy Kreams. Too much sugar and they are spun full of air. I don't pay for air. I can't handle that. There is a little doughnut shop a short way from here that make just plain old good doughnuts and maple bars and they are not too sweet, just right.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-06-22 12:19 PM (#27904 - in reply to #27895)
COMSUBBBS

I was going to say something about boat sailors like ole "Wishbone"/ John Clear taking a flying leap at a rolling donut but I not sure if that would too far over some heads around here
Thomas Courtien
Posted 2009-06-22 2:14 PM (#27907 - in reply to #27895)
Master and Commander

In RI a few years ago I found a place called Bess Eaton Donuts. These were excellent; the kids thought so also.
Smiley
Posted 2009-06-22 3:16 PM (#27909 - in reply to #27895)
Great Sage of the Sea

Bess Eaton and Honey Dew are both very good as well as our old standbye DD.. I believe all three stores started in R.I..
Crispy Cream could not last in Connecticut. They put up a few stores a while ago and after the first rush to experience these so called great donuts they all went out of business within a year.. Donuts, Bagels and of course Apizza are all very sacred areas to venture new products into in New England and New York..I've been told by many in the bagel and Apizza business that it's all about the water... The hard water in this area is excellent for bread , Apizza dough and bagel boiling etc.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software