Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: John Philip Holland built several submarines before the USS Holland, which became the first undersea craft commissioned by the U.S. Navy. The Holland was purchased on April 11, 1900 for a price of $150,000. It was commissioned into the US Navy on October 12, 1900.
Question for the webmaster
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-06-27 4:40 AM (#28043)

Master and Commander

Subject: Question for the webmaster

I just discovered that a PM I thought was sent 3 or 4 days ago is still sitting in the Outbox; do I need "School of the Boat" to re-qualify on PM's? There is no button to push for "send". Now there are two messages in the outbox since I replied to another shipmate trying to help me solve this dilemma. Don must have me blocked as a "spammer"

Edited by Doc Gardner 2009-06-27 6:44 AM
Stoops
Posted 2009-06-27 6:02 AM (#28044 - in reply to #28043)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Question for the webmaster

Doc,

The message stays in your outbox until the recipient logs on the board. He may be viewing the board without signing on and may not know that you have sent him a message.
When he does sign on, It will tell him there is a message waiting for him, though it is small and hard to see up in the upper left by the logon welcome screen.

You can set your BBS email to send you an email when someone sends you private mail so you don't have to be logged on to be notified.....and when you get the email notification, it will provide a link to the private message, asking you to log on if you aren't currently logged on.

Hope that helps.

Stoops
Posted 2009-06-27 6:03 AM (#28045 - in reply to #28044)
Master and Commander

I was thinking of the other bbs...in which the message stays in the outbox until the recipient logs on....maybe the same on this bbs.

however, you can go to settings and have an email notification sent to you when someone else sends a private message. Go to Control Panel in the upper right section of the BBS screen.

Edited by Stoops 2009-06-27 6:08 AM
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-06-27 6:22 AM (#28046 - in reply to #28045)

COMSUBBBS

May I also interject here, you usually receive an email that tells you there is a PM waiting for you on the board, is this not also true?
Stoops
Posted 2009-06-27 6:29 AM (#28047 - in reply to #28046)
Master and Commander

miss lumpy bumps - 2009-06-27 6:22 AM

May I also interject here, you usually receive an email that tells you there is a PM waiting for you on the board, is this not also true?

Only if you have toggled it in the control panel. I am not sure what the default is. I had it set on Rontini's and a few minutes ago I toggled it on here.

Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-06-27 6:42 AM (#28048 - in reply to #28045)

Master and Commander

Stoops - 2009-06-27 9:03 AM

I was thinking of the other bbs...in which the message stays in the outbox until the recipient logs on....maybe the same on this bbs.

however, you can go to settings and have an email notification sent to you when someone else sends a private message. Go to Control Panel in the upper right section of the BBS screen.

The individual I sent the message to was logged on this morning and I was wondering if he had seen the message; that's when I discovered it was still in my outbox. I just checked again and it's still there so he logged on and then logged off without ever seeing it which explains why he didn't reply; I think?

Edited by Doc Gardner 2009-06-27 9:13 AM
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-06-27 2:38 PM (#28066 - in reply to #28048)
COMSUBBBS

That little number, even being red, is easy to miss. Throwing a rock or using a cattle prod works much better.
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-06-28 6:08 AM (#28083 - in reply to #28043)

Master and Commander

Subject: Hey Joe

You're logged on but my reply to your message is still in my Outbasket; No big deal but it sure is puzzling. The Webmaster must be spending long hours trying to solve this major problem;
yeah, right
RCK
Posted 2009-06-28 9:15 AM (#28091 - in reply to #28043)
Master and Commander

Requal means down in the bilges with yee and if you meet someone you know from the Canadain provences well GET TO WORK AND NO SKY LARKING !!!
Don Gentry
Posted 2009-06-30 4:47 PM (#28181 - in reply to #28083)

Admin

Subject: RE: Hey Joe

Sorry Doc... just got back from a 3-day, 830 ride, almost all on twisty mountainous roads - one of the best ever and I've been throwin' a leg over Milwaukee iron for nearly 35 years!  FAAAANtastice!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software