Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Nautilus has long been a popular name for a submarine. Some of the more famous of these are Robert Fulton's NAUTILUS (1800), Jules Verne's fictional Nautilus, and the NAUTILUS of Sir Hubert Wilkins in which he attempted a voyage to the North Pole under the ice (1931). There have also been three U.S. submarines of that name, including the world's first nuclear powered submarine built by the Electric Boat Division.
New Bob Hope Stamp
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2009-06-27 9:53 AM (#28049)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: New Bob Hope Stamp

Just bought two sheets of the new Bob Hope stamp....after the latest tributes to folks like Batman, Homer Simpson, and other useless trash...it is nice to see that a real American who gave our service men and women "miles of smiles" through numerous wars and remote overseas assignments...Who gave the wonderful gift of himself without reward or compensation to millions in uniform...has been so honored. I'm going to do my dead level best to have the Post Office burning up printing presses turning out his stamp. Be sure to get yours...he deserves our support. I once saw him at Gitmo while clinging to a couple of spikes forty feet up a utility pole....great memory...DEX
Stoops
Posted 2009-06-27 10:17 AM (#28050 - in reply to #28049)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: New Bob Hope Stamp

Definitely a real American.... I echo what Dex said. Wish we had more like him these days.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software