Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: In their history, submarines were called by many names such as 'eel boats', 'plunging boats', 'devil divers', and 'pig boats'. Technically, and by size, the submarine is a ship, but it has been called a boat since its earliest days, and the term is steeped in tradition. Submariners almost invariably call their ships 'boats".
Joshua in Iraq
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

crystal
Posted 2009-07-01 7:29 AM (#28195)

Master and Commander

Subject: Joshua in Iraq

My grandson just informed his mom that he received a parcel from a friend of grandad's that included a couple of submarine books!  Way to go!  Show him that we like that safe, deep, cold water better than that flat HOT, HOT, HOT sand!!!! Thank you to whomever - he neglected to pass on a name to his mom but I'll find out... And no, they (the 442nd) do not get to withdraw at this point having just gotten over there.
bergall320
Posted 2009-07-01 2:43 PM (#28212 - in reply to #28195)
Holland Club

Subject: RE: Joshua in Iraq

Is that the same 442nd Regimental Combat Team that fought in Italy, they earned more medals than any other team. They were Nisei and the very best.
crystal
Posted 2009-07-01 4:07 PM (#28218 - in reply to #28195)

Master and Commander

That's the same - the "Go For Broke" Regiment - thought they had more to prove as U.S. citizens than the rest of the soldiers - still are proving it with their numbers! 

Edited by crystal 2009-07-01 4:09 PM
bergall320
Posted 2009-07-01 7:39 PM (#28222 - in reply to #28195)
Holland Club

If there were a Hall of Fame for RCT's, the 442 would be in it. I don't know if I would have been able to uphold their reputation. A man I once knew who fought with the 442 said when they captured Germans they would tell them that Japan had lost the war and they were now fighting on the side of the USA. They did have a tendency to win Purple hearts at a ratio higher than any other unit.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software