Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: In 1921, a United States submarine, the R-14, having run out of fuel at sea while looking for the missing tug USS Conestoga, rigged sails from blankets and hammocks sewn together. Bunk frames were used for yardarms and booms. The torpedo loading king post for a fore mast, the torpedo loading boom for a mizzen mast and the telescoping radio mast, for the main mast. The R-14 sailed 100 miles in five days to the port of Hilo, T.H. at a speed of two knots. It has been reported in March 2016 that the Conestoga has been located 3 miles off Southeast Farallon Island, probably sinking with-in a day of leaving port. All hands lost.
Don'cha just love it-NSR
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Runner485
Posted 2009-07-17 6:21 AM (#28654)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Don'cha just love it-NSR

When the corporate suits come up with new & unique ways of saying, "your fired". Remember the terms, "re-engineered" & "downsized". I just received word from an ex-colleague of mine that the latest buzz word going around the company, (probably in preparations for firings) is "Optimization". Great word. Sounds not bad either. Let's see.... In order to optimize your department to it's most efficient standard, we hafta let you go!!! Bye. Don't let the door, etc....

I gotta hand it to the suits for coming up with that very benign way of telling someone they're fired.

Don'cha just love it?    
Stoops
Posted 2009-07-17 6:39 AM (#28655 - in reply to #28654)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Don'cha just love it-NSR

all you folks with jobs take one step forward. Hold your position, Joe!
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-07-17 8:05 AM (#28657 - in reply to #28654)

Master and Commander

Runner485 - 2009-07-17 9:21 AM

When the corporate suits come up with new & unique ways of saying, "your fired". Remember the terms, "re-engineered" & "downsized". I just received word from an ex-colleague of mine that the latest buzz word going around the company, (probably in preparations for firings) is "Optimization". Great word. Sounds not bad either. Let's see.... In order to optimize your department to it's most efficient standard, we hafta let you go!!! Bye. Don't let the door, etc....

I gotta hand it to the suits for coming up with that very benign way of telling someone they're fired.

Don'cha just love it?    

I hope that's not my next meeting; so far in my career I've been "downsized" (1982); and "right sized" (1997); you mean the next one could be "optimized"? I think I'll just call it retired
Runner485
Posted 2009-07-17 8:22 AM (#28658 - in reply to #28655)

COMSUBBBS

Stoops - 2009-07-17 6:39 AMall you folks with jobs take one step forward. Hold your position, Joe!

No position to hold. I've been retired for almost 4 years. It's the best! I was born for retirement and I excel at it....
Roy Ator
Posted 2009-07-17 8:45 AM (#28659 - in reply to #28658)

Great Sage of the Sea

Hey Joe, I got a twenty year head start on you. I'm into my 24th year of "full" retirement! Somebody has to do it ~ BTW, retired USN 36 years ago...
The geezer LT sends.
Tom McNulty
Posted 2009-07-17 10:46 AM (#28663 - in reply to #28659)

Master and Commander

Oh great GMS Fire Control Instructor, do you get Christmas cards from Noah's progeny?
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-07-17 11:20 AM (#28664 - in reply to #28663)
COMSUBBBS

Tom, what you talkin, man? Ole Roy IS Noah's progeny. He's BTDT.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software