Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Coronation ceremonies of Emperor Alexander II of Russia in 1855 were enlivened by a submarine concert. Wilhelm Bauer, a Bavarian inventor, took three musicians under the waters of Kronstadt Harbor in a submarine he had built, where they played appropriate music during the coronation. The music was distinctly heard on the surface.
On growing Old!!!
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

iPOD
Posted 2009-07-18 9:19 PM (#28704)

Master and Commander

Subject: On growing Old!!!

Like what I said on Ron's Board.

As Elizabeth Gould, team member and a professor of psychology and co-director of the Program in Neuroscience at Princeton University said:

"It's not over till the last neuron dies".

Albeit I'm not sure that's true as I reckon you could mount a solid case that some "Old Submariners" that hang around on this board are truly Brain Dead but the message hasn't got through yet!!!!!
MAD DOG
Posted 2009-07-18 9:35 PM (#28707 - in reply to #28704)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: On growing Old!!!

I'll have you know I resemble that lewd remark!
Bear
Posted 2009-07-18 9:48 PM (#28708 - in reply to #28704)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: On growing Old!!!

on subject of neurons dying  was "worm" Graham on the TJ with us Mad Dog?  If he was I have to tell you I attended his CPO initiation a few years back  The relationship to the post, I was swapping sea stories three times today  one in email one with the wife of the son of the Martini's cousin, who is stationed at Bangor and the third one was with a good friend who served on the Terible T when I was on the AsproMaru. any ways the subject of cruel pranks came up and I couldn't remember if Worm was on TJ or Aspro when we taped him up with duct tape and put him on the mess decks with the instruction to only freehim if we were flooding or on fire
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software