Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The Grampus and Pike were commissioned in ceremonies at Mare Island the same day, Thursday, the 28th of May 1903. A young naval officer, Lieutenant Arthur MacArthur III, older brother of General Douglas MacArthur, assumed command for both vessels at the same time.
Hopefully my computer has arisen from the dead
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2009-07-20 5:45 AM (#28765)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Hopefully my computer has arisen from the dead

I truly hope that my computer has been resusitated and resurected from what I had begun to think was a terminal coma. The miracle worker and devoted friend who performed the magical operation was a former boat sailor named William "Bill" Kreher, who took me through his mystical incantations and brought this brain dead electronic sonuvabitch back to life....Like Carol Anne Quinlan, I was ready to pull the plug and toss the thing out on the curb on Debris Pick-Up day. Bill Kreher is a guy you would have been proud to stow your underway gear in a sidelocker next to you...a guy who would have tossed a few bucks in an upturned raghat on a mess deck table for funeral flowers, a graduation gift for a shipmates daughter, a chiefs hat when some rascal went from First Class to E-7....a baby crib for some poor E-3 who had no business bringing a kid into the world at his pay-grade....and always chipped in for duty-night pizza deliveries. Bill's a good man. DEX
snakeyez
Posted 2009-07-20 7:25 AM (#28775 - in reply to #28765)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Hopefully my computer has arisen from the dead

Welcome back, Dex!
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-07-20 9:07 AM (#28780 - in reply to #28775)
COMSUBBBS

I can back Dex on Billy's stock. Having sailed with Billy years ago on the 408 he is definitely a good man to have around. He even let Blue stay over at his house for a couple of nights AND even fed him. How 'bout them apples?
Don Gentry
Posted 2009-07-20 5:57 PM (#28797 - in reply to #28780)

Admin

If he fed Blue, we should take up a collection to reimburse him for all the pillaging of his refrigerator!

Welcome back Dex... good to "hear" you again.  Thanks also for a most enjoyable phone call!

dex armstrong
Posted 2009-07-21 12:26 AM (#28802 - in reply to #28765)

COMSUBBBS

Don, Sir...Book will go to the Post Office this morning...Enjoy. It is ALWAYS great to hear from you and do my best to thank you for running this lunatic merry-go-round and keep us all from running with scissors, playing in the street and throwing food. You run a sanctuary for old worn out coots, who have wornout their "O" rings...need paint and a general overhaul...replacement parts...and a program update....You gaciously sweep up the kitty litter we kick out of the box....and pass out the life jackets and bulletproof vests....and best of all, you provide the shade trees for those of us making our way to the end of life's road....In short, you are an amazing landlord, ringmaster of Don's Tree Swinging Circus and Magic Carpet Ride and shipmate. ( Tom Parks aka Old Gringo once told me that "shipmate" was the most sublime word in the English language.)....Maybe Corabelle will send me a Valentine next year...Who knows? Thanks Don...DEX
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software