Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "The Turkish skipper of ex-USS Tang, when asked about the difference between the German designed and built replacement boats for their retiring ex-US boats, is reported to have said, "American submarines are built for war, German submarines are built for export."
Question for Guys living near Sub Bases
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2009-07-20 6:06 AM (#28766)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Question for Guys living near Sub Bases

In the old days...the days when guys, now old Holland Club coots used to roam the earth in thirteen button tailored Seafarers, there used to be establishments called Naval Tailors. Like dinosaurs, Do-Do birds, garter belts and stockings, silver coins, Ipana toothpaste, Straight Arrow, Rhiengold beer, and Red Ryder and Little Beaver...somewhere in time, Naval Tailors folded their tents and moved to unknown locations. When they were around, they turned out small black leather name tags that aviators and boatsailors sewed on their flight jackets and foulweather gear....As I say, they were black leather, with your name, rate, boats name and hull numbers, and either silver or gold Dolphins, depending on your enlisted or officer's status and (get this) they were "sewed on" not Velcro'ed on. Do they still make those damn things?...if so, I would like to find out how to get three (3) that read, MARY BETH (PEACHES) with Silver Raghat Dolphins....I would pay all the expense necessary....if you know how to lay your hands on these things. Just write to; Dex Armstrong, 6417 Fleetside Court. Alexandria, Virginia 22310-2538...or phone (703) 971-3092....I would be very grateful. DEX
whalen
Posted 2009-07-20 6:33 AM (#28769 - in reply to #28766)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Question for Guys living near Sub Bases

Dex:

Realizing that you are computer-impaired, I have found a phone number of a source for you.

Williams and Williams Inc, Lakeland FL  1-800-695-1227.

If you are feeling whippy, you can try ordering online: http://www.nametags4u.com/cgi-bin/lwwlist.cgi?pm=VB&img=navy_sub

They make 'em for $12 each. 

whalen

dex armstrong
Posted 2009-07-20 7:13 AM (#28774 - in reply to #28766)

COMSUBBBS

God Bless you Whalen....Just got off the phone, dealt with a lovely lady (See when you do your shopping via electronic wizardry, you don't get to meet and interact with lovely ladies.). They had exactly what I want and were damn easy to deal with...Thanks again, I have spent two weeks trying to locate those damn things and BINGO you come up with a source in less than an hour....You know where I can locate a gal in her mid-sixties who can make a great meatloaf, strong as hell coffee and comes with loose panty elastic? Didn't think so.....and don't tell me "Dex, whatcha need is a dog." Whalen, THANKS I really appreciate what you did. DEX
docbeeghly
Posted 2009-07-20 9:56 AM (#28781 - in reply to #28766)
Senior Crew

OK, Dex old shipmate, I'll stick my two cents in here,
I know of a sixty year old female that can make coffee that will float a battleship, doubt if she can make meatloaf to your taste but she won'nt give you no backtalk, hell she cant understand or speak english. and I am sure she would be greatfull as hell (as would I) to live with you. All you gotta do is prove that you are a U.S. citizen, forward your birth certificate, three years of your income tax returns and tons of other forms and undeterminal amounts of greenbacks, meet her face to face at least once and agree to bring her home with you and agree to mary her within three months------OH SH#*%T, it just dawned on me that you went thru this all once before and secured for yourself one unforgetable hell of a swell wife and companion. Not only that but I' get to see you more than you would care too.
By the way welcome back to the land of the living.!!!!
the beagle doc
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software