Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: NAUTILUS has long been touted as the first Nuclear powered submarine. In fact, she was the first nuclear powered "anything". Nothing that moves was ever propelled by nuclear power before NAUTILUS.
Good friends have a way of surfacing
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2009-07-20 6:40 AM (#28770)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Good friends have a way of surfacing

I was going through a stack of magazines, when I came across a wonderful condolence card sent by Patti Lynn aka "The Duchess of Lumpy Bumps" and Gary years ago...a delightful card packed with wonderful thoughts and the caring message of the prospect of brighter tomorrows. A reminder of how damn much I owe to the folks who have become dear friends slinging sand in Gentry's sandbox and shaing popsicle licks with and pushing back and forth on the swings. I put the card on the refrigerator door with a magnet...makes me feel good. Thanks Patti....DEX
Stoops
Posted 2009-07-20 6:41 AM (#28771 - in reply to #28770)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Good friends have a way of surfacing

Patti has a wonderful knack for making folks feel good...and her timing is spot on too!
dex armstrong
Posted 2009-07-20 7:26 AM (#28776 - in reply to #28770)

COMSUBBBS

Stoops, I agree, Gary is one lucky rascal....My worry is that if I got a ladder, crawled through the window to OJ him, (A) He'd have a large caliber handgun and blow a hole in me you could run a Santa Fe locomotive through (B) Patty would hit me with a number 16 iron skillet and compress my entire spine into an eight inch stack of poker chip looking vertabrea...(C) Or...at the trial the glove would fit and some sonuvabitch would find the signed VISA receipt for the Bruno Mali shoes.....Patti is a free spirt who gives any gathering of boatsailors a booster shot of sunshine....She's Gary's wonderful ambassador to the submarine community and his gift to add fun and laughter to any muster of old wornout snorkel air breathers. Only one unforgivable thing that I ever saw her do...Encourage a half-in-the-bag Ray Stone to get up and sing Karioke at Kates....unforgivable. DEX
docbeeghly
Posted 2009-07-20 10:09 AM (#28785 - in reply to #28770)
Senior Crew

Dex, Dex, Dex, LYou are showing typical Smoke boat thinking, A ladder you wont need and you dont need to go thru a window, just knock on the front door and I know for a fact you eoulf be welcomed with open arms and a firm handshake. And Like Stoops said she has a sixth sense about knowing when you need cheering up and a chuckle.
the beagle doc
Don Gentry
Posted 2009-07-20 5:54 PM (#28795 - in reply to #28771)

Admin

Yessir she does... she has a huge heart for sure!
Stoops
Posted 2009-07-20 5:56 PM (#28796 - in reply to #28795)
Master and Commander

I haven't met her in person...why are you all staying away from her lumpy bumps? hee hee hee
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software