Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The first diesel engines built by Electric Boat for submarines were installed (1913) in the USS NAUTILUS and SEAWOLF, namesakes of the first nuclear powered submarines, also built by Electric Boat.
Absolutely NSR, but so sad...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2009-07-21 10:03 AM (#28809)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Absolutely NSR, but so sad...

Daniel Smith
Hunter Smith
Rapid City - Daniel Smith, 33,and Hunter Smith, 8, father and son, died Friday. July 17, 2009, as a result of a motorcycle-
vehicle accident. Survivors include their wife and mother, Jennifer Smith, Rapid City; son and brother, Kain Smith; parents and grandparents, Roger and Rita Smith, Gilbert, La.; and parents-in-law and grandparents, Dennis and Margaret Erz, Rapid City.
Services are pending with Edstrom & Rooks Funeral Services at Serenity Springs of Rapid City.

The driver of the vehicle, pulled in front of the motorcycle and tried to cross two lanes of eastbound traffic to get into a westbound lane, at an intersection without a traffic light. The motorcycle, with the Smiths aboard, hit the car. I feel so sorry for the Smith-Erz families, and also for the seventy-year-old man driving the car. He will get to live with this for the rest of his life.

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2009-07-21 10:05 AM
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-07-21 3:56 PM (#28814 - in reply to #28809)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Absolutely NSR, but so sad...

This is an example of why I hung up my spurs for riding motorcycles some years ago. I had a guy pull out in front of my 18 wheeler doing the same thing one day. Didn't kill the sorry bastard but I think he wished I had.
Condolences to the families.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software