Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: A typical modern submarine may require as many as 2,000 working drawings for the more than 7,000,000 items used in its construction. Blueprints from these drawings if placed end to end would make a strip 250 miles long.
---
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

docbeeghly
Posted 2009-07-23 9:33 AM (#28885)
Senior Crew

Subject: ---

I respect Dons BBS rules about no political posts on this board, and I don't want any political post in regard to this post!!! and if it becomes political Don has my permission to pull the whole thread.
That said, I am just concerned about what will I and other service retired personell on medicare and Tricare for life have to give up? In lite of the presidents suggestion that wounded personell pay for their war wounds, and statements regarding revamping medicare, will this mean that we will have to give up the best free medical insurance that we now enjoy? We now dont receive free hearing aids and eye glasses and pay a very small copayment for prescription drugs and I can live with that, but if I have to give up medicare and tricare for life benafits and pay for a new health insurance program on my Navy retirement and social security, I may be force into a position similar to what many middle income people are in and not be able to afford adaquate medical care.

Is anyone else concerned about this or am I just being paranoid?
the beagle doc
Pig
Posted 2009-07-23 10:04 AM (#28887 - in reply to #28885)
Plankowner

Subject: RE: ---

I don't think you are being paranoid, Doc. Anyone that depends on Tricare for Life should be concerned, I know I am. Between my heart problems and my bride's advanced Alzheimer's, we would be in real trouble if the gov took away our Tricare benefits. The FRA seems to be on top of the situation... hope their Lobby is strong enough to protect us! Of course it couldn't hurt if we all let our elected officials know how we feel about this.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-07-23 10:07 AM (#28888 - in reply to #28885)
COMSUBBBS

Doc, I think every living and breathing person in this great country of ours is concerned. Something needs to be done and I really don't think having the government do it is the answer. There isn't any quick fix to the situation and the cost of medial services and medicines involve thousands of different industries.
Ric
Posted 2009-07-23 10:19 AM (#28890 - in reply to #28885)

Plankowner

When I decided to retire I applied for basic medical thought Washington State and as the economy tanked I finally got word that though qualified the state was no longer accepting new enrollments!!! So, until I can get Medicare or marry a a rich widow I'm without and keeping my fingers crossed. The medical systems in this country is seriously broken. The US ranks 15th or more in the world on coverage. The medicine is the best but not available to any but the few with lots of bucks or really expensive insurance and you know who is getting rich there with all they refuse to pay after they have gotten YOUR money in advance.

No vet should have to pay for having gotten wounded in action.
docbeeghly
Posted 2009-07-23 10:27 AM (#28891 - in reply to #28885)
Senior Crew

Ric, have you checked into enrolling in tricare prime? my wife not being old enough for medicare has it and for us it is affordable. $57.50 every three months wit a $12.00 co-pay per visit and small co-payment for prescription drugs.
the beagle doc
Ric
Posted 2009-07-23 11:15 AM (#28899 - in reply to #28891)

Plankowner

I'm not retired Navy, would I be eligible?
docbeeghly
Posted 2009-07-23 11:54 AM (#28901 - in reply to #28885)
Senior Crew

sorry Ric, I thought you were service retired, you would have to marry someone who is retired military, SORRY
the beagle doc
MAD DOG
Posted 2009-07-23 1:14 PM (#28905 - in reply to #28885)

Master and Commander

Doc I too am worried about the future of Medicare and Tricare for Life.
No one knows what Obamacare might bring,Hell,no one's even read the bill.

Ric,when you find that rich widow,see if she has a sister.

Edited by MAD DOG 2009-07-23 5:19 PM
Don Gentry
Posted 2009-07-23 5:00 PM (#28908 - in reply to #28890)

Admin

Soooo..... go back to work! 
Stoops
Posted 2009-07-23 6:31 PM (#28912 - in reply to #28908)
Master and Commander

go back to work? Where? The jobs are disappearing faster than an E2 on hearing about a working party.
Donald L. Johnson
Posted 2009-07-23 10:23 PM (#28920 - in reply to #28887)

Great Sage of the Sea

Not just FRA - MOAA, the American Legion, VFW, all the members of the Military Coalition are bombarding Congress with the same message - don't mess with DOD, VA, or Tricare health coverage.

Speaking of VA Healthcare - I read they are reopening Category 8 enrollment.
Bear
Posted 2009-07-24 1:14 AM (#28923 - in reply to #28885)

Great Sage of the Sea

I know we get a good deal with tricare prime but I have been upset for years because as they are now promising the country this was suppose to be "free healthcare for life" and we have been paying more and more for it every year. I think we deserve to have the same free health care for life that every member of Congress gets and they only have to be there 2 years not 20. And any one that says military healthcare is not rationed is using a different system than I am. When I had my heart attack 5 years ago I was taken to Navy Hospital basically 15 ,miles away instead of the fully functional 5 miles away. Then because they were short staffed I was transported 40 miles further to Madigan Army Hospital. And this happens all the time the Navy hospital only have "staff" to treat active duty.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software