Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Fleet Admiral Halsey in a book called "The Admirals" when asked "What is the ultimate strategic weapon that is bringing the enemy to its knees? Halsey's reply "If I had to give credit to the instruments and machines that won us the war in the Pacific, I would rank them in this order: SUBMARINES, FIRST; RADAR, SECOND; PLANES, THIRD AND BULLDOZERS FOURTH."
college kid
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2009-07-25 9:27 PM (#28978)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: college kid

Dad picked his young daughter up at the airport when she was returning home from college...

She looked over at him as he drove out of the parking lot, "I ain't a virgin anymore, Dad."

He looked at her in disgust, "I have spent thousands of dollars on your college education, and you still say, 'ain't'!"

Courtesy of my cleaning lady.

Cora

(Well, I thought it was funny.)

Edited by Corabelle 2009-07-27 10:43 PM
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-07-26 4:51 AM (#28980 - in reply to #28978)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: college kid

But tell your cleaning lady to keep her day job.
dex armstrong
Posted 2009-07-26 2:46 PM (#28988 - in reply to #28978)

COMSUBBBS

I loved it...It's so damn true. There's a college in Danville Virginia calleed AVERETT COLLEGE....The government pays for the full tuition of federally employed students. I had two employees who got, get this, master degrees and were unable to write in the complete sentences necessary to compose correspondence. That's no joke. Those two ladies attended classes regularly, received high marks and periodic notifications were sent to me to keep me fully informed as to progress being made by my two ladies. All that and the two women still wrote like the belonged to the Mystic Knights of the Sea Lodge....and studied diction and composition under Kingfish and Algonquin J. Calhoon. Yes Cora, doesn't surprise me at all. DEX
TSpoon
Posted 2009-07-26 4:06 PM (#28989 - in reply to #28978)
Great Sage of the Sea

Careful Dex, you might get invited for a beer.lol

T.Spoon, DBF
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2009-07-26 4:31 PM (#28991 - in reply to #28978)

Master and Commander

Subject: I say that word....

..."ain't".

I had my leave stopped when I was a Junior Recruit and one Saturday morning whilst being inspected for the standard of my uniform before proceeding ashore, the Officer noticed I was wearing parade boots instead of shoes....."why are you not wearing shoes lad?" he asked of me.........I replied, "I ain't been issued any sir"

"AIN'T"?...................."AIN'T"?. "Well you can stay behind for two hours and think about what you just said"....so I thought about it and went ashore two hours later.

Then fast forward to 2007 or 8 and I used the same word and Kathy's younger son laughed when I said it.....Kathy explained that she was always taught, ''only poor people say 'ain't' ''

So there you have it.....I am 'poor' but I also come from England and as far as I am concerned, I can speak the damn language as I like!

And I ain't going to change for anyone!

Blue *_*
RCK
Posted 2009-07-26 5:28 PM (#28992 - in reply to #28991)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: I say that word....

Ain't life a bitch!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software