Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Submariners are a special brotherhood, either all come to the surface or no one does. On a submarine, the phrase all for one and one for all is not just a slogan, but reality.” -- VADM Rudolf Golosov of the Russian Navy
ROY ATOR...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-07-29 5:27 PM (#29101)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: ROY ATOR...

KUDOS go out to your granddaughter...see attached.  Congrats, Grandpa!!!

Edited by miss lumpy bumps 2009-07-29 5:32 PM

(GROTON SUBVETS AWARDS SCHOLARSHIPS-ABC.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments GROTON SUBVETS AWARDS SCHOLARSHIPS-ABC.jpg (52KB - 445 downloads)
Roy Ator
Posted 2009-07-29 8:28 PM (#29120 - in reply to #29101)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: ROY ATOR...

Thanks Patti!
Neither parent attended college. She excelled in high school [#4 of 215 at graduation]. Older sister is an RN and a young mother with a BS in nursing, thanks much to some USSVI scholarships too! Papa is proud and thankful. You wouldn't believe their conservative political views too! Life is good...
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-07-30 1:57 AM (#29135 - in reply to #29120)
COMSUBBBS

Congrats from my home to yours and theirs, Roy.
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-07-30 4:13 AM (#29138 - in reply to #29120)

Master and Commander

BZ; Roy
I know you're one proud Grandpa
The Brat
Posted 2009-07-30 4:38 AM (#29140 - in reply to #29101)

Crew

Subject: Rebecca Ann Ator

From 2008-05-04
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-07-30 7:14 AM (#29150 - in reply to #29140)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Rebecca Ann Ator

Thanks for posting a picture of Rebecca, Robin.  She's a beauty...and has the brains to go along with it.  We "all" know the apple didn't fall far from the tree!
Don Gentry
Posted 2009-07-30 9:03 PM (#29194 - in reply to #29150)

Admin

Subject: RE: Rebecca Ann Ator

Hubba (with all due respect) Hubba (with all due respect) Hubba (with all due respect) Hubba (with all due respect) Hubba (with all due respect) Hubba (with all due respect) Hubba (with all due respect).....

Seriously, congrats Rebecca!  Your family is solid gold.  I'm still waiting for the family recipe for Pecan Pie so if my compliments above might sway the security vault that contains Grandma's recipes... well, it'll be our secret (shhhh.....)

Keep taking the high road... the view from up there is never disappointing!

The Brat
Posted 2009-07-31 4:17 AM (#29206 - in reply to #29101)

Crew

Subject: Pecan Pie.....

Yes, not only is my niece quite the looker, but she has the brains to go with it! However, I'm not sure if she is smart enough yet to know her Grandmother's pecan pie isn't rocket science. That "Old family receipe" can be found on the back of just about any bottle of Lite Karo Syrup!
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-07-31 4:25 AM (#29207 - in reply to #29206)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Pecan Pie.....

The Brat - 2009-07-31 7:17 AM

Yes, not only is my niece quite the looker, but she has the brains to go with it! However, I'm not sure if she is smart enough yet to know her Grandmother's pecan pie isn't rocket science. That "Old family receipe" can be found on the back of just about any bottle of Lite Karo Syrup!

Your mom's pecan pie is legendary and you now tell us it's on the back of a syrup bottle? She must have some special ingredient or two that gives it that unique flavor. When I met up with your mom and dad at the VFW Children's Home in Michigan they were lined up for miles just to get a whiff of the aroma of that pie; and a few lucky ones (I wasn't one of them) even got a taste of it. As the new guy I was hurriedly ushered to the end of the line and it was two counties over.
docbeeghly
Posted 2009-07-31 5:05 AM (#29208 - in reply to #29101)
Senior Crew

Yeah Robin, but there are a couple of things those syrup bottles dont tell you, when most people make pecan pie they just float the nuts on the top of the filling. Mama Ator crushes them little boogers and stirs them into the whole filling. But the MOST important ingredient that goes into each and every one of Mama Ators Pecan pies is her undying love of people and what she does.
doc b
The Brat
Posted 2009-07-31 5:19 PM (#29245 - in reply to #29208)

Crew

docbeeghly - 2009-07-31 7:05 AM

Yeah Robin, but there are a couple of things those syrup bottles dont tell you, when most people make pecan pie they just float the nuts on the top of the filling. Mama Ator crushes them little boogers and stirs them into the whole filling. But the MOST important ingredient that goes into each and every one of Mama Ators Pecan pies is her undying love of people and what she does.
doc b

No crushing.....she hand chops each one with her favorite perring knife. Which, like you said, is a result of the undying love she has for the folks she makes them for. But yes, she really does use the the recipe off the back of the Karo bottle. Okay, she used to.........she hasn't had to read that recipe in YEARS!!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software