Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: “What wordy praise can one give such men as these; men who … follow unhesitatingly when in the vicinity of minefields so long as there is the possibility of targets … Men who flinch not with the fathometer ticking off two fathoms beneath the keel … Men who will fight to the last bullet and then start throwing the empty shell cases. These are submariners.” - Eugene Fluckey in his final war patrol report aboard USS Barb
The Power of Prayer...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-07-31 3:24 PM (#29241)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: The Power of Prayer...

IS INDEED STRONG...and all of you must have let the "Big Guy" upstairs know a thing or two...

Anyway, the surgery went well.  Lump is removed and on it's way to be tested.  Dr. did say there may be lymphoma, but he is not going
to jump the gun.  He wants to wait for test results before sitting down with Mother and making any decisions.  He wants to know "the
WHOLE STORY" first, but said if there is anything, "we", as in Mother, Garry, myself, my daughter, Mothers PCP, her cardiologist and
an oncologist, will hash it out to make sure that the right thing will be done for her.  He wants to leave NO STONE UNTURNED and because
of her age and the fact that she is a heart patient, he wants to make sure her body will be able to handle chemo, if necessary.

So, that, as they say is the "full poop".  We took her out for a big steak dinner, as she was starving...and so were we...topped off with a
BIG Chewy Chips Ahoy Sundae, which we all partook of...and boy, was it good.  She is now home resting and will have to take it  easy
for the rest of the weekend. 

I am now going to go up to my bed and sleep the sleep of the dead.  I did not sleep a wink last night and haven't got a clue as to how I am
still awake.

Thank you so much...EVERYONE...your prayers and good thoughts for my Mother will come back to you 100 times over...
YOU ARE ALL THE BEST OF THE BEST...and I am so honored to call you  FRIENDS.

Nite all.  It's been a very long day.

God Bless all of you!
Park Dallis
Posted 2009-07-31 4:10 PM (#29244 - in reply to #29241)

Old Salt

Subject: RE: The Power of Prayer...

Rest easy, Patti.  You've got a lot of people holding you and your mother in their thoughts.
viejo
Posted 2009-07-31 6:36 PM (#29247 - in reply to #29241)

Senior Crew

Patti, glad the surgery went well and I am sure your mother is very glad to have all of you behind her as we are behind you. Get some sleep and keep us in the loop.

Viejo

Gil
Posted 2009-07-31 7:04 PM (#29248 - in reply to #29241)
Master and Commander

Glad things went well and glad your Mom could enjoy a steak dinner!
subvetss
Posted 2009-08-01 7:02 AM (#29250 - in reply to #29241)
Senior Crew

Patty,
My wife has had cancer in different parts of her body 4 different times in the past 7+ years. She is right now undergoing thirty daily treatments of radiation. What I suggest is from a great deal of heart wrenching experience. Opt for chemo and or radiation before any cutting is performed.
Best of luck,
Joe'the'Most
Gil Shaddock
Posted 2009-08-01 8:22 AM (#29251 - in reply to #29241)
Great Sage of the Sea

Patti, I had Non Hodgskins Lymphoma and my Oncologist was able to get rid of it with Chemo. I am now cancer free. I will keep your Mom and family in my prayers. I've been there and done that.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-08-01 9:49 AM (#29252 - in reply to #29251)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: The Power of Prayer...Good Morning World...

I am alive...I think(??), functioning(??), well, not quite yet, but I will be shortly.  Talked to Mother a short time ago,
she slept like log (thank you, God), but all in all, is doing pretty good today.  She is sore, but OK.  As stated earlier, she will have to take it easy, but "we", meaning the whole family will be keeping an eye on her.  This caught most of us off guard, because it all happened so fast, but have asked the family to keep themselves available...as if there was any doubt they wouldn't do it.

So, all in all, today finds her in good spirits, and we will approach "anything else" after the weekend is over.  There will be enough time in the next few weeks  for everything else.

Thank you again, EVERYONE, for you good thoughts and prayers. 

Now I have to go wrangle another cup of coffee and see if I can get the body to start working.

Everyone have a wonderful day.
Land Lubber
Posted 2009-08-01 2:43 PM (#29259 - in reply to #29252)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: The Power of Prayer...Good Morning World...

Patti, I'm glad to hear that everything went ok! I'll continue to pray for you guys.

Take Care,
Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software