Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Fleet Admiral Halsey in a book called "The Admirals" when asked "What is the ultimate strategic weapon that is bringing the enemy to its knees? Halsey's reply "If I had to give credit to the instruments and machines that won us the war in the Pacific, I would rank them in this order: SUBMARINES, FIRST; RADAR, SECOND; PLANES, THIRD AND BULLDOZERS FOURTH."
Ok, Dex....how about an update on your Doris?
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Stoops
Posted 2009-08-02 5:16 PM (#29289)
Master and Commander

Subject: Ok, Dex....how about an update on your Doris?

She is one fine lady, other than her weakness to associate with a degenerate sub sailor like yourself. How is she doing? Please tell her I think of her often....I have her card with the puppy on it close to the PC.

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-08-02 5:36 PM (#29291 - in reply to #29289)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Ok, Dex....how about an update on your Doris?

Yeah, what he said...how is YOUR DORIS???
dex armstrong
Posted 2009-08-03 7:57 AM (#29311 - in reply to #29289)

COMSUBBBS

Doris has completed her chemo...her cancer removal surgery. with the installation of what is called an EXTENDER...She has completed her regimen of post surgical radiation and has taken the requisite battery of tests that allowed her to be declared as a "patient in remission". The oncologist is concerned about possible pre-op cells having reached out and colnized.....She continues to be checked regularly. Boys and girls CANCER is nether funny nor a joking matter. PLEASE for my sake and Solveig's, the sake of your loved ones and your own peace of mind...Check yourself and get regular check ups....The value of early detection cannot be stressed enough....Hey, you listening Cora and Duchess of Lumpy Bumps? I don't need for you two lovely ladies to be prematurely resting cars and tossing your seabags on that big silver pier in the sky. In short, Doris doesn't need me any more...She's out of the woods and back on the Yellow Brick Road and no longer requires the services of her flying monkey any more. DEX
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-08-03 8:47 AM (#29315 - in reply to #29311)

COMSUBBBS

WE HEAR YOU, Dex.  Now that the weekend is over,  but not having the results of Mother's surgery, we don't want to jump the gun, but she and I had a long conversation this AM about exactly what she might be in for...and her response...I'M DOING IT (chemo)!!!  I have made it known that
I would be moving in for the duration, she won't come up here, because that wouldn't be feasible, as we live 45 miles away for her and the facility she would use.  My Mother, like your Doris, is a feisty old girl.  She talked with a cousin, who is a nurse by profession, and is going to be going through
her own course of chemo for breast cancer.  She has advised my Mother to take it one step at a time, but my Mother's mind is made up.  I am not
going to fight her, but I am going to be with her every step of the way. 

Dex, ya done good...because of your care giving and overall ferocity, you helped her get through this terrible time.  Solveig is very proud of you.
I know she is looking down on you with a HUGE SMILE. 

Thank you ALWAYS, for being who you are...

Edited by miss lumpy bumps 2009-08-03 8:48 AM
Corabelle
Posted 2009-08-03 8:08 PM (#29356 - in reply to #29311)

COMSUBBBS

I do the mammogram thing once a year. They call and remind me. I've had two biopsies over the year because something looked suspicious and we have a high breast cancer risk in this family. My mother, sisters Inez and Doris have all had left side mastectomies. Doris is still living, but the other two did NOT die from cancer. On one of my biopsies they took out tissue the size of a golf ball, so they said. Couldn't really spare it.

I responded to you re: update on My Doris.

Cora
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software