Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: In World War II the Germans lost 782 submarines, the Japanese lost 130, Great Britan and Commonwealth countries lost 88 subs, Russia lost 110 submarines and the United States lost only 52 submarines. Twenty-three of the Japanese subs lost were victims of the American Submarine Service.
PEP?
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2009-08-06 7:02 PM (#29471)

Plankowner

Subject: PEP?

Just got off the phone with Cliff Nutter and he was asking after PEP and how he's doing. Anyone have any updates? I'd like to know for myself.
Gil
Posted 2009-08-06 9:08 PM (#29477 - in reply to #29471)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: PEP?

I too was concerned and had this email response from him on the 25th of July:

I appreciate your thoughtful wishes for sure. The reality of it is I seriously doubt that SD will materialize because just in the past 2 weeks my breathing and panic attacks have gotten worse and it normally doesn't get better as time goes on. I have to drag on oxygen bottle everywhere I go and that is pretty much a large deterent for traveling.
    Just got up and made some soup (doesn't get stuck in my throat) and to check the BBS but it doesn't take long before I gotta head back to bed. Thats the only position that I keep from having those nasty panic attacks. They're like someone just plops down on your chest and restricts any breathing at all which snowballs and not long if not able to calm myself down my heart wants to jump out of my chest! I've heard about them before but living them is something you just can't prepare for! I'm not afraid of dying but I am afraid of dying from lack of oxygen!
later gator
PEP

Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-08-07 2:24 AM (#29479 - in reply to #29477)

Master and Commander

Subject: Posted this last week;

Sue McLaughlin has been keeping a long distance eye on PEP and heard from him a few days ago and let me know that he is hanging in there but is on full time oxygen and not able to do too much. I tried calling him yesterday and got the same "no answer" that Ric did.
From the tone of the message, received from Sue, he has arrived at the "acceptance" phase of his condition and is living his days to the best of his ability. I know he appreciates all the concern, prayers and cards that have come his way and I request (as the Binnacle List Tender) that you continue to offer prayers for his comfort and when you think of it drop another card in the mail to him. Address is on the Binnacle List at the top right hand side of this BBS
He has a small circle of support and really enjoys staying connected to the submarine community.
Doc

Also, he made a post on "cyberspace" that he is hanging in there.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software