Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS SKATE (SSN 578) was the first vessel ever to surface at the North Pole, when on March 17, 1959 she surfaced there to conduct memorial services for the renowned Arctic explorer Sir Hubert Wilkins.
test results are back...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-08-11 3:43 PM (#29638)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: test results are back...

it's lymphoma.  mother has an appt. with an oncologist on friday at 1.  i will keep everyone posted. 

thank you everyone...for all your prayers, good thoughts and support.  you have no idea how much
she loved getting everyone's cards.

Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-08-11 5:26 PM (#29641 - in reply to #29638)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: test results are back...

Beside prayer, one of the most important things to focus on is attitude and positive outlook. It sounds as though you caught it early and that is a plus also. So tell Mom we are there in the prayer box and thinking positive.

Edited by Ralph Luther 2009-08-11 5:27 PM
bergall320
Posted 2009-08-11 8:06 PM (#29646 - in reply to #29638)
Holland Club

Your Mother, Barry and you are in our prayers Patti. We wish you the best and the strength to take care of both Barry and your Mother.

God bless

George and Billie
subvetss
Posted 2009-08-12 6:58 AM (#29650 - in reply to #29638)
Senior Crew

Well hang in there Pattie.
My wife, Jan, has had cancer 4 times in the past 7+ years and is now undergoing daily radiation treatments. The cancer never goes away. It just goes into remission. The medical technology makes major advances every year so the treatments work better every time. Make good use of every moment you spend with her. I have been by my wife's side for every single treatment, hospital visit, and Dr. appointment through all those years. That's over 500 times. If possible you or another family member should try to do the same. One of the sad things I noticed during the years of Jan's treatments was to see all the folks that had to endure it alone.
My thoughts and best wishes are with you.
Joe'the'Most

Edited by subvetss 2009-08-12 7:05 AM
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-08-12 4:38 PM (#29673 - in reply to #29650)

COMSUBBBS

Thank you, Joe.  I plan on being there, and when I can't be there, my kids and stepdaughters will be there.  We have a wonderful family support system.  I thank my lucky stars for my "two Florence Nightengale's".  My Katie will be with us on Friday, and I know she will put
the Dr. through his paces...not leaving anything to chance...but it's my Mom who is raring and ready to get to this...she is like the proverbial bull rider...hanging on to the horns...and not going to let go...and I dare the bull to look at her cross-eyed...he will get a kick in the "you-know-what's"!!! She seems to have gotten so much done since yesterday...which sort of threw me, but does not surprise me.  She is far from the "little old lady" that went into this 2 weeks ago...and that is the biggest positive!!!  So, I don't expect anything less of her. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software