Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I propose to you a new arm of war, as formidable as it is economical. Submarine navigation, which has been sometimes attempted, but as all know without results, owing to want of suitable opportunities, is now a problematical thing no more." - Brutus de Villeroi in a letter to President Lincoln, 1862
NEED HELP
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2009-08-13 4:10 PM (#29693)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: NEED HELP

Need help in getting SIRAGO and SENNETT information via snail mail....NO PRINTER and I need to know what to do. Have made reservations for Sirago wingding but have no idea what the schedule is...Have not made any arrangements for Sennett Reunion and need to know what I am expected to do....I have ordered a AAA Triptik and maps of Virginia Beach, Richmond, Fayetteville (where daughter lives) and Myrtle Beach....Need to make dinner reservations at O'Sullivan's Pier for some "get chow on your own" night, but need both schedule of events. At Virginia Beach, I understand that there's a "soup down" on arrival night and a Banquet scheduled at some location yet to be determined ( Mike Bikel says it will probably consist of a Happy Meal and a bottle of Annie Green Springs in the DesSub Pier Visitor's Center parking lot followed by fireworks consisting of three bottle rockets, six sparklers and two snakes. The Duchess of Lumpy Bumps declined the offer to "get nekkit and pop out of the cake", so there will be no entertainment except for watching Joe Roche jumper cable his car back to life....and watching some old coot Machinist Mate do card tricks featured in BOYS LIFE....Also need to know what we are supposed to show up with to prime the Hospitality Room Pump (Yes I know, Anyone turning up with Hiram Walker TEN HIGH, Old Mister Boston Rock n' Rye, Seagram's 7 Paint Remover and toenail disolver or Rumplestiltskin Reserve....will have his teeth handed to him in a Starbucks cup before being set on fire and turned loose on the freeway. If more of you cheap sonuvabitches don't get cranking and sign up and send in the requisite Pesos, the golf tournament will be moved to the Putt-Putt course behind the Newport News public landfill or as in the case of the Sennett Reunion the Tom Thumb Par Four located in the vegetable aisle of the Piggly Wiggly. I will never understand Reunion late sign-ups...It's like guys who rode boats and had GREAT shipmates are holding out, waiting to see if they get a better offer....maybe a Shriners Convention in Pinwilly, Idaho or some no-name rodeo in Slippery Limb, Montana. What'n the hell could trump tossing down beers with world class liars and remembering a lot of stuff that probably never happened, with the finest bunch of men you were ever a part of? I need the basic info, like location...what's planned so far...and what kind of cheap booze is needed to prime the pump of the Hospitality Room bar....and who's expected to bring the "toss in the hat" cigar box that'll bankroll subsequent rot gut purchases? By the way....anyone bringing a giraff? DEX
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-08-13 6:27 PM (#29697 - in reply to #29693)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: NEED HELP

I'll have information on Sennet on the outgoing tide to you in the morning. As I told you on the landline, all you have to do is show up. We'll have a hammock strung out between 2 palm trees on the beach. We'll sling you some chow now and again so you won't crap out on us.
Gil Shaddock
Posted 2009-08-13 6:28 PM (#29698 - in reply to #29693)
Great Sage of the Sea

Dex, check your E-mail.
dex armstrong
Posted 2009-08-13 9:01 PM (#29700 - in reply to #29693)

COMSUBBBS

Forgot to include my "Snaily Mail" address....Have reached that stage of life where brain cells are cashing it in, in six packs. Adress; Robert D. Armstrong, 6417 Fleetside Court, Alexandria, Virginia 22310-2538 Phone: (703) 971-3092 Thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software