Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: George Washington Endorsed the use of the first American submarine, David Bushnell's TURTLE, during the Revolution. Following the vessel's attack on a British man-of-war, he discussed the potential use of submarines in a letter to Thomas Jefferson.
Do You Bellieve In Ghosts?
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2009-08-17 5:18 PM (#29771)
Master and Commander

Subject: Do You Bellieve In Ghosts?

I don't believe in Ghosts, but I do think that there are certain phenomenon that occur where visual energy of once living beings appear in certain locations when the conditions are right. It hasn't been scientifically explained yet, but it will be someday when people smarter than me take up the issue. BOO!!
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-08-17 5:31 PM (#29772 - in reply to #29771)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Do You Bellieve In Ghosts?

Sure do!! Believe in UFOs too. There is too much out there that our mind just isn't capable of understanding.For example: If you're a Christian you believe in God, And Jesus the Christ. Try and reason eternity. Our Creator, God, has always been and will always be.
Ghosts are different demensions. We can't understand them but our animals can. Ever wonder what spooks dogs, cats, cattle and horses for no apparent reason? Ahhh yes, they are out there. Sleep well tonight
Hairball !!!!! You seen my tin hat anywhere? Hairball knows all about UFOs.
Scrivener
Posted 2009-08-17 7:49 PM (#29780 - in reply to #29771)
Senior Crew

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Hamlet Act 1, scene 5
Corabelle
Posted 2009-08-17 8:15 PM (#29781 - in reply to #29771)

COMSUBBBS

Seems like we talked about this one time before. Ghosts may not be the correct name, but...

...the summer after my husband died, I decided to do some much-needed house renovation. I had the rotten bedroom windows removed to make room for new ones. While I waited for new ones to be delivered, the spaces where the old ones were, were boarded up. In the meantime, I painted both these rooms.

My 12 year-old granddaughter lived nearly 300 miles from Rapid, but she rode the bus here and spent a few weeks with me. The first night I told here she could stay in one of the pretty new bedrooms if she wanted, but because it was awfully dark in there with the windows boarded up, she could sleep on the living room couch if she preferred. She chose to sleep in the bedroom.

The next morning when I woke up, I found her on the living room couch. I asked why she had moved. She said that during the night she woke up to see a man standing in the doorway of her room looking at her, and she got scared. I asked her if he said anything to her. She said no. I asked her if she knew who it was. She said it was Grandpa. I replied that she knew that Grandpa loved her, and dead or alive, he would never hurt her. She responded that she knew that.

Strangely enough, she ended up sleeping on the couch that he had died on. I never told her that.

He came to me once, also during the night. It wasn't a dream. He came to say goodbye, but that's another whole story.

As did my son. In broad daylight. I didn't see him. I felt his energy. And he gave me some instructions about letting go. No, I didn't hear words. I felt them.

Ghosts don't scare me. Unless, of course, they're ghosts that didn't like me when they were alive. But, that's never happened on accounta I'm such a good kid...everyone loves me.

Cora

P.S. Why is daylight always 'broad'?

Edited by Corabelle 2009-08-17 8:18 PM
Land Lubber
Posted 2009-08-18 4:09 PM (#29816 - in reply to #29771)
Old Salt

Well if your a Christian then you must believe in the Holy Spirit. Another term for that is Holy Ghost. We learned that Satan was once an angel who devied and challenged God and was cast out of heaven along with some of his followers. These are spirts or ghosts. Going with the UFO and Extra Terrestrial Aliens well, Ya can't more Extra Terrestrial than Heaven. God and the angels are not of this earth. Some people don't believe in demons but yet it is told that Jesus cast out a demon and the demon knew who Jesus was.
We have little brains. just try to imagine absoute nothing, can't do it.
I can't quite understand why people we know that have passed on returne at times or why some keep repeating some action from their life over and over sometimes for centuries. I just don't know and probably never will untill it's my time to go. But it is comforting to think we will see and expirence people we have lost sometime down the road.
Corabelle, from what I have heard and read, spirit often return when a building they lived in are being renovated. Again no one knows why.
Also polterguist activity is believed to be linked to a high concentration of lime or granet in an area and is somehow triggered by the presence of young girls not boys. It is belived though not understood, that the girls themselves cause the occuranc.

Oh and Corabelle I think we call daylight broad because it covers half of the world at one time. Of course nightime does the same, so maybe we sould also say broad nightime.

Take Care, Steve
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-08-18 7:12 PM (#29830 - in reply to #29771)

COMSUBBBS

I "firmly" believe in ghosts.  I have one living in my house right now...MY DAD!!!  
iPOD
Posted 2009-08-18 9:57 PM (#29834 - in reply to #29771)

Master and Commander

I am not a disbeliever and have not encountered a Ghost or Spirit to my knowledge although I had some very strong De Jevu or I've been here or seen this before moments that are hard to explain.

I am not a Religious person as such either but I do make it a point to not denigrate anyones religion or devotion (with the exception of violent religious zealots) to that religion just in case they are right, sort of insurance against copping a whopping or time in lock up when you reach the other side.

I also hope fervently that the "Other Side" exists and it is a Heaven because I'll be really pissed off if this is it and all the time I've spent being the model being you know a clean living non blaspheming law abiding good looking bloke is not going to count for anything.
Don Gentry
Posted 2009-08-19 12:48 AM (#29838 - in reply to #29771)

Admin

Yup... everytime an upstairs door slams on a windless day, I'm reminded of same. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software