Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The United States submarine USS TRITON was fitted with twin reactors and was considered the longest submarine ever built until the advent of the OHIO class. The TRITON was designed for a surface displacement of 5,900 tons. Large submarines of other countries have been the Japanese I-400 (5,220 tons), and the French SURCOUF (2,880 tons).
Conastoga Wagon Loading!
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

crystal
Posted 2009-08-21 7:08 AM (#29885)

Master and Commander

Subject: Conastoga Wagon Loading!

Just started organizing the wagon load (Explorer) that I'll be heading south to the convention with me in a couple of weeks.  Start with two Navy grey projectors ar 55# each, then their speaker and screen, add in about 175# of sub posters, 70# of playing cards, boxes and pins.  Another 100# of items for the Sealion reunion and 50th anniversary gathering of a shipmate/wife and friends.  About 200# in a number of double sized milk carriers filled with Silent Service and WWII War Patrol Report DVD's, plaques, books, hats, cups and other "nifty" memorabilia, Then probably another #100 in DVD player, DVD projector, laptop, portable sound system etc. etc. (ad naseum) and it soon becomes evident why I didn't want to try shipping all of this only to turn around and try to ship (most weight) back on a Sunday morning...  This much alone adds up to about 700 pounds and is only off-set (mostly) because Dan is flying down to avoid overloading the wagon by doubling that (sorry bro, can's help the jabs!)... AND yes, Ralphy and fellow long haulers, I will break it up into two days each way (2/3 1st, balance 1/3 on 2nd day)... I feel like I should put a sign on the back of the wagon - "Canadian to Mexician borders - All For Submariners!" with a big set of dolphins (my license plate is already "USSVI"... Whatcha think?
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-08-21 7:46 AM (#29888 - in reply to #29885)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Conastoga Wagon Loading!

Lookin like "Wishbone" Clear's Medicine Show without a doubt, although, I bet it looks more like one of the Laotion Jitney's that I referred to earlier. Be careful when you get around Camp Pendelton area that one of those Jarheads doesn't put a RPG up your tailpipe.
Have a good time at the Convention. Wish I could be there to stir the pot... no, that's not the kind you smoke. Take it a little easy on Olgoat this time and don't put too many hickys on his neck. The folks back in Springfield will think he's been to San Fran again.
TSpoon
Posted 2009-08-21 7:47 AM (#29889 - in reply to #29885)
Great Sage of the Sea

Where do you plan to lay over the first night? I live by Sacramento and could come over and laugh at you.LOL

T.Spoon, DBF
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-08-21 8:01 AM (#29892 - in reply to #29885)

Master and Commander

Hey Chief: one of those traffic monitoring cameras caught you at a rest stop

See below; I guess he broke the first camera and they had to go to back up systems

Edited by Doc Gardner 2009-08-21 8:06 AM
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-08-21 8:02 AM (#29893 - in reply to #29885)

Master and Commander

Hey Chief: one of those traffic monitoring cameras caught you at a rest stop

(001.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 001.jpg (48KB - 417 downloads)
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-08-21 8:54 AM (#29896 - in reply to #29889)
COMSUBBBS

Tim, you are tough enough.

Doc, that can't be Clear. That guy has hair. Must be Dantini. We sure as hell know it isn't Olgoat, no belly.
Palm Bay Ken
Posted 2009-08-21 1:42 PM (#29900 - in reply to #29885)

Great Sage of the Sea

John Clear said: "my license plate is already "USSVI""

Looks like we have both coasts covered John. Have a safe trip.

(Tag.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Tag.jpg (34KB - 429 downloads)
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2009-08-21 1:47 PM (#29901 - in reply to #29885)
Master and Commander

Doc, I believe thatis a genuine Gruber Wagon built on the Tulpehocken Creek, Jefferson Township, Bernville PA. Of course I could be wrong. Besides the guys to thin to be Clear. Also a Sparky would have lights strung to keep the Snipes away.
crystal
Posted 2009-08-21 5:50 PM (#29908 - in reply to #29885)

Master and Commander

My plate is dirtier than yours Ken! (also missing the dolphins on the bottom - some low life blah blah blah! liked them I guess!)...

license plate

Flapper
Posted 2009-08-23 3:22 PM (#29947 - in reply to #29908)

Master and Commander

The thing you're not showing us is the convention-bound contraption that plate's mounted on, Chief!

crystal
Posted 2009-08-24 1:49 AM (#29957 - in reply to #29885)

Master and Commander

Hey Bob that load looks a bit smaller than what I'm hauling in my four wheel semi-Explorer!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software