Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "He is the Submarine Sailor who served in silence, but in his silence, has heard the laughter of future generations.” -- Glenn Harris
My Apoliges to Some Here
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Smiley
Posted 2009-08-29 4:56 PM (#30187)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: My Apoliges to Some Here

I have laid low on this board for a while but I still read and enjoy most of the posts. I have great respect for Don's BBS and have been a member for some time now,
However I can not be silent when someone takes jabs at our servicemen and woman.. If it's in humor then great, heaven knows we can use more humor in this dull world, Heaven knows I have a sense of Humor.. I surly did earn my nickname.
But when it's low blows that come across masked as "an observation". Usually coming from someone who has a history of trashing our Modern Military. I can't remain silent.
Some shipmates here have family serving now.. Sons, Daughters, Moms, Dads, Brothers Sisters and nephews and nieces etc. Many here also know I have 2 members of my Family serving and trust me it's a wonderful honor.. However it does come with it's problems.. Waiting and praying while a loved one is deployed has it's price..I have attended several hero's funerals and it has it's price on your heart and your soul....ever wondering ..and strangely grateful it was not one of our loved ones.
It seems some here have forgotten there is a three front war going on and some of us here may have a loved one in Afghanistan, Iraq or the Balkans or in harms way in Chicago LA or New York.. Many of us have seen the results of these young peoples sacrifices.. I have no desire to enter into pissing matchs or political cat fights here. It is after all a mostly ex military BBS reserved mostly for military matters mostly Submarine in nature. Some don't like to be reminded that we are still engaged in a "endless war"..I can't blame them.. I wish I could forget it myself.
Bottom line is that as long as Don allows posts that incite responces from a not so bright very emotional ex A Ganger.. Posts by idiots that wish to fish in the well for strikes from those the bait offends, I will respond in kind if not in defense of our servicemen and woman..at least to set the truth straight.
So to Don and those here that think this is a pissing match I apoligize.. I like this BBS it's a place of comfort and a place of common experiences..We all revisit our youth and spin yarns of our experiences that most of us enjoy when we visit.
So to those I may have offended I'm sorry.. But don't look for me to change my opinions and my respect for the wonderful men and women serving in today's Military.
I am reminding of something Cowboy told me when I first started posting .. " if you can't think of something nice to say in a post don't unless you want trouble".
Wise advice from a good man...way too often ignored.

'

[

Edited by Smiley 2009-08-29 4:59 PM
TSpoon
Posted 2009-08-29 5:06 PM (#30188 - in reply to #30187)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: My Apoliges to Some Here

You forgot Granddaughters who attended the Bash and was a good friend of Cowboys. Who now operates the cameras on the Predators.

While I wish folks would stay within the rules I do appreciate your defense of today's troops. Some forget that we too played grab ass and were not always in Class A dress.

So Smiley, until all can follow Don's rules, Thank You for speaking up.

T.Spoon, DBF
SOB490
Posted 2009-08-29 5:59 PM (#30194 - in reply to #30187)

Old Salt

Smiley - you quoted Cowboy's good advice. I'll add something that Rankoon once said to me during the flameout on Roundtini's BBS over midshippersons wearing silver dolphins -- "There is an on/off switch on it!"

Said a bit differently, I look at the originator of the thread and decide whether to flip that proverbial switch "on." Works for me.

610ET
Posted 2009-08-29 6:50 PM (#30196 - in reply to #30187)

Old Salt

Smiley, I don’t bother responding to Dex anymore because his words are so ridiculous that they provide their own counterpoint. The great bard doesn’t spell so well either.

BTW, notice how he wasn’t the one to confront the Marines? Cowards are like that.

Hope your son is well.
docbeeghly
Posted 2009-08-29 7:20 PM (#30197 - in reply to #30187)
Senior Crew

NOW MR. 610 THAT WAS A BLOW BELOW THE BELT AND YOU JUST DID WHAT YOU AND A COUPLE OF OTHERS HERE ON THIS STRING HAVE BEEN GRIIPING ABOUT,(and this aint no spelling bee!!!
the beagle doc
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-08-30 7:34 AM (#30203 - in reply to #30197)
COMSUBBBS

Doc, ya beat me to it....thanks
John396
Posted 2009-08-30 11:31 AM (#30215 - in reply to #30203)
Old Salt

Smiley,
Thanks for the post! I hope we can get rid of this bull s**t thats gone on the last few days. John396
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software